My track-Ridin' Dirty Raceway

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is awesome.
Hell, with that much room I would have made a track that goes around you so you don't have to walk anywhere.

Nice. proper drainage is important .right fire pit with a Over under jump LOL

Lookin good, Smilinbri. Tracks are a lot of work. Two thumbs up for the progress. :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Cut the lower legs off my picnic table making the table into a stable driver platform. Took the front (track facing) bench seat off leaving the back side bench on for easier step-up. Worked out well. Cheers and keep up the great track work. 'AC'

20210623_112149_Driver Platform.jpg

20210623_112132_Driver Platform 2.jpg

Lookin good, Smilinbri. Tracks are a lot of work. Two thumbs up for the progress. :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Cut the lower legs off my picnic table making the table into a stable driver platform. Took the front (track facing) bench seat off leaving the back side bench on for easier step-up. Worked out well. Cheers and keep up the great track work. 'AC'

View attachment 166523

View attachment 166524
Thanks! Appreciate it!

That's an awesome idea!! Great thinking and repurposing! :thumbs-up:
did you spray that dirt with anything?
After I sweep it I'll spray it down with water. I spray weed killer on it regularly and spread hay salt before it rains.

Well, it's about 99% complete. Still got a few grass roots to pull up and there's a few spots with lots of little rocks embedded in the dirt....guess that could be a crawler section. 😂

Swept and wet down the new section. Too tired to do all that to the old section today. Even dressed up the "table tunnel". 😁

Gonna grab some dinner, charge a couple batts and take a shower. Then takin' the Tekno SCT410.3 out for the inaugural run before it gets dark!! Sooooo excited!!! :banana::celebrate:I'll Go-pro some vids to share. Thanks for following my track extension build!! I LOVE THIS HOBBY!! 😍🥳🤗😁✌️
20230529_174233.jpg
20230529_174300.jpg
20230529_174331.jpg
20230529_174355.jpg
20230529_174412.jpg
20230529_174450.jpg
20230529_174817.jpg

Well, it's about 99% complete. Still got a few grass roots to pull up and there's a few spots with lots of little rocks embedded in the dirt....guess that could be a crawler section. 😂

Swept and wet down the new section. Too tired to do all that to the old section today. Even dressed up the "table tunnel". 😁

Gonna grab some dinner, charge a couple batts and take a shower. Then takin' the Tekno SCT410.3 out for the inaugural run before it gets dark!! Sooooo excited!!! :banana::celebrate:I'll Go-pro some vids to share. Thanks for following my track extension build!! I LOVE THIS HOBBY!! 😍🥳🤗😁✌️
View attachment 166562View attachment 166563View attachment 166564View attachment 166565View attachment 166566View attachment 166567View attachment 166568
Put the trampoline on the track. And make a ramp going up and down the trampoline.
Or maybe you should of done a fire pit / ring.
Still gotta make plans this summer for me coming up! Or maybe not. Maybe ill stick to my carpet. I don't like to get my cars dirty. 🤣
What are the conditions on the track? Loamy, dusty, low traction? Just want to know so I can direct my self for some dirt tires.

Put the trampoline on the track. And make a ramp going up and down the trampoline.
Or maybe you should of done a fire pit / ring.
Still gotta make plans this summer for me coming up! Or maybe not. Maybe ill stick to my carpet. I don't like to get my cars dirty. 🤣
What are the conditions on the track? Loamy, dusty, low traction? Just want to know so I can direct my self for some dirt tires.
Dusty and low traction for sure. Not smooth either.

Well, the novelty wore out quick on my "table tunnel". 🤷‍♂️ It was def challenging, but also just slowed the driving rhythm down and got frustrating. So bye-bye to that idea. 😂

Went back to basics and just made it lanes and added another small ramp. Track is def uneven and really rough, so gotta smooth some areas out. Took a while to get used to the new layout and the length of the track/sight lines. Might need to put a chair on top of the shed. 😂

Had to adjust the angle of my ramps too. Kept nose diving. Broke off the front of my Tekno body, and cracked it. 🙄 Almost got them perfect now. New one added today needs adjusted.

Other than that, I'm lovin' it. Ran the Senton 3s this morning. Didn't have time to put together Go-Pro vids yet as I had adulting to do today. 🙄

20230530_112226.jpg

20230530_112255.jpg

20230530_112308.jpg

20230529_204946.jpg

20230529_204951.jpg

VideoCapture_20230530-123027.jpg

VideoCapture_20230530-123212.jpg

You need a life guard tower, check ebay! 🤣 lookin' good, sorry about the Tekno body though.
If he's ocd, I don't feel as sorry about the body. All my tears are jagged or uneven. His is almost scientifically measured and cut. 🤣😆

If he's ocd, I don't feel as sorry about the body. All my tears are jagged or uneven. His is almost scientifically measured and cut. 🤣😆
The front part busted off on 1 side and I kept drivin' with it hangin' off. Eventually it was gettin' stuck/dragged underneath so I did cut one side off. :thumbs-up: 😂

Track looks great, darn that's a lot of work. But wait, no triple? Just Kidding (or am I), I'm definitely jealous.

Back