My track-Ridin' Dirty Raceway

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry about the Tekno body though.
Yeah. SCT bodies are fragile. My slash body has all these cracks and scratches in it. I tried touse gorilla tape to like hold it together. It works for right now. Now the body weighs like 3 pounds.

The front part busted off on 1 side and I kept drivin' with it hangin' off. Eventually it was gettin' stuck/dragged underneath so I did cut one side off. :thumbs-up: 😂
LOL, bri. Reading this reminds me of days watching the 1:1 SC series on TV. By race end they all be dragging body parts. The track littered with hoods and fenders and trucks with parts flapping in the breeze. Miss those days. :eek: :)

Actually, front end of the Tekno doesn't look that bad with the missing grille work. Maybe stop-drill the hood crack so it doesn't get any worse and you've got a runner. Great track. Understand the vis thing too. Did you leave a 'shortcut' option in the track?

Four thumbs up all around. :thumbs-up::thumbs-up: Cheers. 'AC'

LOL, bri. Reading this reminds me of days watching the 1:1 SC series on TV. By race end they all be dragging body parts. The track littered with hoods and fenders and trucks with parts flapping in the breeze. Miss those days. :eek: :)

Actually, front end of the Tekno doesn't look that bad with the missing grille work. Maybe stop-drill the hood crack so it doesn't get any worse and you've got a runner. Great track. Understand the vis thing too. Did you leave a 'shortcut' option in the track?

Four thumbs up all around. :thumbs-up::thumbs-up: Cheers. 'AC'
Thanks! Appreciate it!

Yea, only body damage is always a plus.

Def gonna shoegoo or something to keep it from cracking more.

Yea, original section of track has a shortcut tunnel and on this one you can just jump a berm to keep going straight instead of around the new middle section.
20230531_111921.jpg
20230531_111802.jpg

So, I finally got the Go-Pro vids together from my 1st 2 runs on the new track extension. Both were test runs to determine what needed tweaked. The Tekno vid showed the ramps needing their angles adjusted and both show a definite learning curve on the new section. Tekno vid was with the "table tunnel" and as you can see, it wasn't that easy to navigate. So away it went. 👋

The Senton vid is part 2 of the extension without the "table tunnel" and it was a lot more fun without it. Track def needs smoothed out as it is very rough in areas. Still got some tweakin' to do, but lovin' it!! 😁 ✌️

A self-righting Senton. To die for. Love the l-o-n-g front straight. Build a lot of speed, take the jump, and knack-knack the far corner. Be my favorite. Great vid.

You know Horizon has a steel spur gear set for the Senton Boost now? Got one on my wish list. Not sure I need one but may get one anyway. Your Senton still have the plastic spur gear?

Yeah, those table legs would have slowed me down too. I'd need a table on a sky-hook before I'd get under it without crashing. Part of building a track. Some stuff works. Some doesn't. Don't know until trying.

Good stuff, Smilinbri. Cheers. 'AC'

A self-righting Senton. To die for. Love the l-o-n-g front straight. Build a lot of speed, take the jump, and knack-knack the far corner. Be my favorite. Great vid.

You know Horizon has a steel spur gear set for the Senton Boost now? Got one on my wish list. Not sure I need one but may get one anyway. Your Senton still have the plastic spur gear?

Yeah, those table legs would have slowed me down too. I'd need a table on a sky-hook before I'd get under it without crashing. Part of building a track. Some stuff works. Some doesn't. Don't know until trying.

Good stuff, Smilinbri. Cheers. 'AC'
Thanks!! Appreciate the love! 👊

Yea, upgraded to the steel spur in Feb. Also installed Notorious 6s front shocks on the rear and Mojave front shocks on the front.

Now that is a fun Friday night with friends. Especially with that fire pit.
If I may suggest some foam wrapped with a tough tape on the legs of the table? No reason to lose a tire or A-Arm over a small hit on those.

Now that is a fun Friday night with friends. Especially with that fire pit.
If I may suggest some foam wrapped with a tough tape on the legs of the table? No reason to lose a tire or A-Arm over a small hit on those.
That was my plan, but table's gone now. Re-did that section. :thumbs-up:

Yeah. SCT bodies are fragile. My slash body has all these cracks and scratches in it. I tried touse gorilla tape to like hold it together. It works for right now. Now the body weighs like 3 pounds.
I have one of the unbreakable bodies. Besides being ugly, it's pretty heavy. But with cutting out the side windows and some extra holes, it's comparable to a shoe gooed lexan body. But 10x tougher.

This is an awesome setup indeed!
I only have one question though....

How do I get my wife to let me do the same thing out back? Tell me the secret to get the Yes 🤣

Awesome work!
Thanks!

Haha.....idk...the 1st section initially built was behind the shed....a section we would never do anything with and was out of sight. That helped. Then she made the mistake of saying "You might as well extend it all the way to the fence".....2 years later (this year) I "cashed in" that comment! 😂 :thumbs-up: 😁 ✌️

Thanks!

Haha.....idk...the 1st section initially built was behind the shed....a section we would never do anything with and was out of sight. That helped. Then she made the mistake of saying "You might as well extend it all the way to the fence".....2 years later (this year) I "cashed in" that comment! 😂 :thumbs-up: 😁 ✌️

So start small and work my way up, Got it!
🤣

Nice cool weather yesterday evening, so got the Senton 6s out for a run and had wifey record some vids. Man, I love that thing! So glad I built it! 😍

Still got some areas on the track I need to level out and need to fix/adjust the ramp angles.

Enjoy the vid. 😁✌️

You need to build up some berms for those outside turns ya big slacker! 🤣
Nah....this was the last piece of land I could build on, so wanted to use just pipes to maximize the space. I do love them berms though. :thumbs-up: 😁

Got some track time in yesterday with the Vorteks and the Slash. Towards the end ended up goin' a little too crazy launchin' the Slash and busted one of the rear suspension arms. Replacement part is arriving today. 😁✌️

Back