My t maxx 3.3 engine will not turn eith the glow plug but eithout it it will

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought this engine the engine turns when it does not have a gloe plug but when i put it it does not turn and the glow plug light does not turn on( the glow plug works) can someone help me please

I just bought this engine the engine turns when it does not have a gloe plug but when i put it it does not turn and the glow plug light does not turn on( the glow plug works) can someone help me please
What type of glow plug did your get.. like WOLF said above. What do you mean. It wont turn?🤔🤔

It is a brand new motor, with the ez start it has a good glow plug it has a brand new ez start motor and a new battery I don’t get if why when i put the glow plug it does not move the motor

Engine is new ,so it will have tight tolerances ,it needs to be broke in so it will be hard to start!
You need a heat gun to heat the engine up to about 220 deg. so that will help expand the sleeve
for break-in ,those starters may not have quite enough power to turn a new engine over!..:thumbs-up:

Engine is new ,so it will have tight tolerances ,it needs to be broke in so it will be hard to start!
You need a heat gun to heat the engine up to about 220 deg. so that will help expand the sleeve
for break-in ,those starters may not have quite enough power to turn a new engine over!..:thumbs-up:
Thanks am going to try it

Okay great 👍 where could i watch it

Here in a bit ,I have to get things set up to start the process!

Right a vid yesterday were I got my temp gauge ,ofcoarce ,you dont need
one ,but it is best that you have a heat gun to heat the engine up atleast
until your engine is fully broken in ,it will eventually get easier to start once
your engine piston & sleeve wears in together!..:cool:

Well, I am not a seasoned RC'er like this other folks; but, I rebuilt a TMaxx 2.5 and could not get it to turn over with the E-Z either. What ended up working for me is I took out the glo-plug, dropped some fuel in the cylinder and then got it to crank over. Once I did that, I dropped a little more fuel in it, reinstalled the plug loosely and cranked. Then I installed the wire with it loose and got it to fire off, I'd shut it down pretty quickly and did that about three times, then tightened it up and it cranked over and started like a champ. That is just what worked for me on a complete rebuild.

Well, I am not a seasoned RC'er like this other folks; but, I rebuilt a TMaxx 2.5 and could not get it to turn over with the E-Z either. What ended up working for me is I took out the glo-plug, dropped some fuel in the cylinder and then got it to crank over. Once I did that, I dropped a little more fuel in it, reinstalled the plug loosely and cranked. Then I installed the wire with it loose and got it to fire off, I'd shut it down pretty quickly and did that about three times, then tightened it up and it cranked over and started like a champ. That is just what worked for me on a complete rebuild.
I was gonna mention leaving the glow plug a bit loose to allow a little bit of compression to escape, then tighten up once she’s started. You can do this with some newly rebuilt full size 2 stroke bike engines as they can be a nightmare to kick over and get started the first few times!!!

Back