My RC Race or aka dismantling your NTC3...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, the monthly races were upon us here in Orlando, FL this weekend, and what a wild time it was. Thought to myself, I am going to get 1st in the B Main this month! I mean, shoot, I got 1st in the C Main last month, with a broken car. Well, Saturday is practice, and man, my car is dialed!!!! Here I am, perfect drifts around corners, shifting great, brakes working like a champ, running cool. I mean, all day at practice i was hanging with the best.

Then Comes Sunday, Race Day..........

Get there at 7am......Test fire the NTC3.......idles crazy......and low and behold, the screw that holds the carb together is missing, so not only do i have a huge airleak, but i cannot open and close the carb! Thats okay, i can fix it, i an extra one! uh-oh, gotta pull the engine to get to it.....so apart it comes....but i fix it. Car is now running great! Go out to practice, and......SLAM! get broadsided into the boards......no steering.. DAMN! Get it back into the pits....steering saver broke, and all the gears inside my Hitec 625 servo are stripped. Apart it comes again....for all of you who have an NTC3, you know what a pain it is to replace that ackerman servo saver. So i fix that......durning the race i am supposed to be in. After its done, goto the hobby shop on site, and get metal gear replacements for my servo....fix it. Do a test, and all is well. second qual race comes up....and I go to apply the brakes at the end of the straight, BLAM! hit the board, no brakes, zero. I have no idea why, (later find out end of control arm broke off), but enve with no brakes, i manage to get first place! Okay, I'm still in it....that gets me into the C main, and if i get first place again in the c, i can get bumped to the B, which is where i should be.

C Main comes up......and off we go....running great, in first place by a mile, on the FRIGGING LAST LAP OF THE RACE I STALL!!!! dammit, but thats okay, i still have about a 40second lead.....but of course, my pit man is a bumbling idiot trying to start my car.....gets it started........finally.....and i finish in second place.....by 4 seconds. grrrrr. Not a good day. But at least i had fun, and only spent about 25.00 in broken parts. ohwell, always next month.

They are having a regional ROAR race in 2 weeks, but i dont think i am good enough yet, to enter that one.

Last edited:
hehe. it sounds like you had an interesting day at the races. you must race pretty well... or everyone at your track sucks. :p just kidding man. At least you can race. I've been waiting 3+ weeks for a weekend that wasn't a wash out. I think I'm going to bribe the wife this saturday and head to the track weather permitting. :D

I am pretty good, rob - but keep in mind two things, once - this is at the club level, not professional, and two - there is a regular and expert class - i was in the regular class.

nice. Maybe next time you'll have more track time and less pit time. You have that OS .15 cvsfgwejhgwe kjhg hk thing that everyone else has or the stock mill?

Sounds like you had in interesting day. A few guys I know would have given up if they had that many problems.

I am one of those guys that never gives up - i want to win!

Another race in 2 weeks, a big one - I'm winning that one dammit!

Sounds like you had fun.Just as long as you had fun in the races.They don't have a onroad coarse here.I wish they did.I would make my bro go and compete in them.Hey and i just gone driving my t-maxx today.Did some street runs.Then went to the park and drove around in the rock pits.:spidey:

right on tiny - and u are right, its all about having fun.

kwong - yeah that mill wasn't cheap, but i replaced my OPS.12 with it, which is a piece of junk, and i wanted to get the best, so i did. i am thinking of selling it already though, the reliablility factor, or lack therof is starting to annoy me.

The fact that you mention the engine doesn't hole a tune would turn me off. What are you looking to replace it with?

I will replace it with an OS cv-r .15

I know it isnt legal, but i dont race professionally anyway, and my club allows .15 or .12

the rating on the OS is still 1.2hp , and I've had OS engines before, and have to say, that they must be the most reliably mill out there. I just purchased an RC10GT in the buy sell forum, so I will most likely sell the rossi, put my OPS in the GT, and the new OS in the NTC3. I can use the left over money from the rossi to get a new DCX rcvr for the GT, so i can use my Lynx 3D FM for it as well.

that is the plan anyway - have to have all of this done before the meet in august.