RJ Speed LTO

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa crawler

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Starting a thread for the RJSpeed LTO.

This is a pan car kit RJ Speed makes for carpet oval. There is also a similar kit for road racing called the Sport 3.2. Different battery location but basically the same.

After scouring the internet for information on these kits I found very little.

I originally bought this kit as an inexpensive breakout car.

It cost 135 dollars and comes with tires and a body.
If you are familiar with RJ Speed products like the legend or Sprint car it uses the standard parts. All very reasonable to repair replace. Most racing does not allow upgrades. Some allow bearings to replace bushings and some allow others small modifications for durability.

The battery motor and gearing are totally up to the track .
In Cedar Rapids we have starting in 2024 and going into 2025 two classes .

Class one is LtO truck. It uses an RJ speed truck body and runs a 27 turn axial motor and 4 cell NiMh battery. About 6 volts.
These have proven to be fantastic. This year we have seventeen trucks in the class with a C main every week. I was in the B main in sixth place and the top five were less than one second faster. That’s how close the racing is.

For the 2025 season a car class is being added. Exact same rules as the truck but a 20 turn motor. And the body that is included in the kit. They should be much faster.

The kit is easy to assemble and the instructions are very good.

It will be interesting to develop these kits over the summer. Then race next year.
Currently the truck is running 4 second laps and it has a fast lap of 4.040. The car should be faster but we will see. The truck never went 3.99 second laps . But some better drivers have.
I hope the car is in the 3 second lap times.

Tonight is the first run for the car.

IMG_5581.jpeg

IMG_5565.jpeg

IMG_3299.jpeg

IMG_3285.jpeg

IMG_2825.jpeg

IMG_2828.jpeg

IMG_2827.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

IMG_2830.jpeg

Sweet build so far.

We had a Legends class in our area which I believe BoLink was the OEM before RJ Speed assumed ownership. We raced on asphalt parking lots and that would prove to be very abrasive on the foam tires making it cost prohibitive and interest in the class died off fairly quick in favor of running cars with rubber tires.

We just started a rubber tire class. There is not much interest yet because the rubber tires are expensive .
Haha it’s always something . The carpet tires are good and the rubber tires last for an entire season. So the cost of rubber tires is less over the season.

I really like my legend

Back