My ofna 9.5 has the hyper .21 I think it is the rtr will the violator 2speed fit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYRCDRIVER

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I bought my car used I think it is the 9.5 rtr but anyways will that 2speed fit my chasie and will the flywheel be the right size because the violator has a larger engine?

I'm almost positive it will. The Violator is very, very similar to the normal 9.5 (The Violator is the "9.5 Violator") and the differences are basically the fuel tank and the slightly wider wheeel base. I think everything else it set up exactly the same.

But I could be wrong - I don't own one so someone that does will have to verify that.

Wondering why you want to use 2 speed conversion in the first place. If you arent going to jump much I suppose its an ok choice, but from what I've heard they arent good to use if you plan on jumping. A harsh landing can cause it to jump gears or worse break. I havent used one myself but this is what I've heard and it makes sense to me.

I dont have any wear to run it except for a big parking lot

and also I want to take it to the drag strip and race my friends Honda :buggy1:

There the exact same thing only difference is the wider a arms on the Violator you should have no issues with the flywheel either same thing also. Good Luck with it!

itsmesag1 said:
There the exact same thing only difference is the wider a arms on the Violator you should have no issues with the flywheel either same thing also. Good Luck with it!

Just to clarify this statement...they are ALMOST exactly the same...the only major difference (other than the arms stated) is the front steering knuckles and I think the rear carriers too....I know the steering knuckles are different for sure......if you get a chance to get the PBS steering setup for it...much stronger.....

Plaidfish said:
Just to clarify this statement...they are ALMOST exactly the same...the only major difference (other than the arms stated) is the front steering knuckles and I think the rear carriers too....I know the steering knuckles are different for sure......if you get a chance to get the PBS steering setup for it...much stronger.....
Your right Plaidfish the Violator has kingpin style knuckles and the 9.5 has C Hub style knuckles thanks for adding that, if you can get the PBS conversion do it its much stronger IMO it can handle a little bit more abuse. :2cents:

yeah those kingpin knuckles WILL break.....I got a 9.5 and my friend got a Violator.....I upgraded to a PBS and gave him my stock setup and wow he could actually run more than 2 tanks w/o wrenching......when I got my XB8 he got my PBS setup and has been very happy running that buggy ever since

is the pbs as long as the stock arms on the violator. and the 2 speed is ok for jumping, it can spin in reverse freely, so if you land a jump you wont strip any gears

It mayspin freely but your engine won't just stop totally and let it spin backwards......
If you get the PBS setup you need to change the stock arms anyway....I beleive the CVDs will fit still as the Violator has extended cups....another weak point BTW.....you have a pretty nice car except the front end....the kingpin knuckles just blow chunks IMO.....and seriously don't do the 2 speed unless you are doing dirt oval or onroad stuff....

well, onroad will be alot of this buggys work, until i get an e-z out. the hex screw that holds the pin from falling out stripped, and broke my allen wrench (the ball end broke off) so i have to buy an ez out, or just use it for onroad/ grass. maybe jumping later. I'm thinking about forgetting the big joes, and make this buggy to compete with my friends 4tec.

Back