My next RC Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had a typhon 3s. to put it shortly. i dont think ill ever be able to buy an arrma again. it was that bad. (for me) it seems like I'm the only person on the entire internet who doesn't like arrmas though. i just had a bad experience with mine. i sold it for 150$ stripped of what i still wanted lol.
Our Granite 3s is a problem child. I get it.

The UDR has 12 screws just to get the body off. I went with the Sledge. The Hoss is a great truck. Just need to upgrade the drive shafts to steel. The Hoss is under rated, IMHO. The Sledge is a beast. I am still getting to know it though. Slash Ultimate is a really good truck. Getting to learn that also. It's better for racing on a dirt track. The Merv is too small for me. Difficult to work on. The Hoss right now is my Favorite.I like it better than my Rusty, VXL. The Hoss is a great truck for messing around. No knowledge about Arrma. Except I want the Felony. Have fun choosing. :hyperbuggy:

I like the looks of it. :cool: Some people like Trans Ams, I like The Felony. Way, cool. 🏁

the infraction looks like something ken block would drive :cool:
The Felony looks like something I would drive. 🏁
Wanna race?
I will put my wannabe Felony against you Bronco anytime. But with that said you will win. I don't have a Felony. Ha.;):mad::thumbs-up:
I have to wait like 8 months, give or take a week or so.

Last edited:
I like the Drag Slash. Looks cool Fox body. The Felony looks too cool. Going to to do the police thing to it. I am looking into some white skinz to cover the doors. Any thoughts?

Can you tell me about the Arrma, Infraction? What is the hand brake thing?

its a switch on the remote that stops the rear wheels to get you drifting (or so i think) looks super sweet! you can see it on the arrma website.

i had a typhon 3s. to put it shortly. i dont think ill ever be able to buy an arrma again. it was that bad. (for me) it seems like I'm the only person on the entire internet who doesn't like arrmas though. i just had a bad experience with mine. i sold it for 150$ stripped of what i still wanted lol.
Possibly something from their 6S lineup and you will have a different experience.

I really want a Felony. Soo bad my wife said wait. Ha. Every time she says that, She gets it for me. But, not till 12/24/23. Ha. I HAVE 2 wait.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum, recently picked up an Arrma Kraton 8s because I just can't stand the look of the Losi DBXL-E and have always preferred truggy looks and hadling. I have been really impressed with it. It's fast, it's nimble, and it's extremely tough. This thing has taken hits like side landings from 20+ feet high at over 50 mph without issue. Evidently there have been a lot of unannounced changes to what people call version 2 that are geared toward durability, like a super beefy rear chassis brace and two-piece upper brace rod. I have only added sway bars and went from the 23T pinion to 28T. Eventually it'll get a Hobbywing Max 4 ESC and 56113 motor, but the small stock can is surprisingly potent.

My only gripe is battery life since it really can't fit the extra large packs. But it's a big kit, so not surprising it eats a lot of watts.

I've always been an Associated guy, and continue to be where race performance is concerned, but for playing in fields and on bash tracks, I think the Arrmas are the one to beat. They are as tough as or tougher than a Traxxas, but also handle more like race bred vehicles, which TRX never has. I still love my brushless Tamiya 801Xt, which is pretty tough now that I've made a bunch of 7075-T651 aluminum and 6Al-4V titanium parts for it, but if I were buying a new 1/8 truggy today, it'd probably be the Kraton 6s EXB roller, since these see a lot more playing and bashing than racing these days.

I’m debating on whether I should upgrade my Sl4sh, get an E-Revo 2.0, a TRX-4 2021 Bronco, or a UDR. Can I hear the pros and cons from these?
I’m also thinking about the Merv, Typhon 3S, or Typhon TLR Tuned Roller.
Keep in mind I am new to RC cars, but can say that of the 3 cars I own they all give me a different experience. Also, I run with a friend who also has a lot of cars. Here is what I can say about the ones I have, and experience observed from a friend's lineup. Most are Arrma, not because I am a fanboy, but because they were each on sale so got a good deal.

Keep in mind I like to jump, and I take my ramp/ramps out every time I go, so my cars take a beating.

1) Typhon 3S - Starting out with one of my favorites. This thing has been bulletproof. It is stable and easy to drive, and when you jump it....you can really get some distance. I have landed every which way with this thing. I have found that my sock ends like to pull out, so have replaced 2 using the ones from the 6S.
2)Vorteks 3S - Better transmitter than the base stuff and integrates some of the smart tech. It is kind of between something like a Granite and a Typhon. You can do some tricks off the ramp, and it handles good. Kind of a jack of all trades, master of none type of car. It is faster than the Typhon. It too has held up well except the body. They attached the wing to the body and not the frame, so every failed jump that hits the wing damages the body. I did hit my truck tire while top ending this car and took off the rear tire and anything attached to it. However, don't think it was designed to wreck at 52.4MPH (was testing top end) without damage. Servo did go out and Horizon Hobby replaced quickly. I did, however, replace with a cheap $15 one from Amazon that I think is better.
3)Kraton 6S - What to say about this one, except is is greatness. It will wheelie on command yet good enough handling. It is just fun to drive and jump. And it too has taken a good beating. Surprised how much they can take.
4) Granite 3S - Not mine, but friends, and the only issue he has had is blown tires. I think he has already gone through 4. Everything else has held up well, and he jumps it often.

All of this to say, I would look at what you want to do next since they all give different experiences. Horizon Hobby is having a sale, and you can get the Granite 3s for $299 USD, Typhon 6S RTR for $459, and the Typhon TLR $569. 19 cars on sale if you are waiting for a deal.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/rc-car...cp_medium=hero-banner&cp_campaign=arrma-getem

Edit: Reading this it looks like I am a huge Arrma fan :). I have been trying to get another brand, but every time I start to buy Arrma has a sale. I do admit, I have not looked as much at Traxxas due to their business practices, but have looked at the other brands. Once I get rich, this will be mine.....

https://www.hobbytown.com/losi-dese...-4wd-electric-buggy-fox-los05020v2t1/p1355530

Last edited:
Keep in mind I am new to RC cars, but can say that of the 3 cars I own they all give me a different experience. Also, I run with a friend who also has a lot of cars. Here is what I can say about the ones I have, and experience observed from a friend's lineup. Most are Arrma, not because I am a fanboy, but because they were each on sale so got a good deal.

Keep in mind I like to jump, and I take my ramp/ramps out every time I go, so my cars take a beating.

1) Typhon 3S - Starting out with one of my favorites. This thing has been bulletproof. It is stable and easy to drive, and when you jump it....you can really get some distance. I have landed every which way with this thing. I have found that my sock ends like to pull out, so have replaced 2 using the ones from the 6S.
2)Vorteks 3S - Better transmitter than the base stuff and integrates some of the smart tech. It is kind of between something like a Granite and a Typhon. You can do some tricks off the ramp, and it handles good. Kind of a jack of all trades, master of none type of car. It is faster than the Typhon. It too has held up well except the body. They attached the wing to the body and not the frame, so every failed jump that hits the wing damages the body. I did hit my truck tire while top ending this car and took off the rear tire and anything attached to it. However, don't think it was designed to wreck at 52.4MPH (was testing top end) without damage. Servo did go out and Horizon Hobby replaced quickly. I did, however, replace with a cheap $15 one from Amazon that I think is better.
3)Kraton 6S - What to say about this one, except is is greatness. It will wheelie on command yet good enough handling. It is just fun to drive and jump. And it too has taken a good beating. Surprised how much they can take.
4) Granite 3S - Not mine, but friends, and the only issue he has had is blown tires. I think he has already gone through 4. Everything else has held up well, and he jumps it often.

All of this to say, I would look at what you want to do next since they all give different experiences. Horizon Hobby is having a sale, and you can get the Granite 3s for $299 USD, Typhon 6S RTR for $459, and the Typhon TLR $569. 19 cars on sale if you are waiting for a deal.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/rc-car...cp_medium=hero-banner&cp_campaign=arrma-getem

Edit: Reading this it looks like I am a huge Arrma fan :). I have been trying to get another brand, but every time I start to buy Arrma has a sale. I do admit, I have not looked as much at Traxxas due to their business practices, but have looked at the other brands. Once I get rich, this will be mine.....

https://www.hobbytown.com/losi-dese...-4wd-electric-buggy-fox-los05020v2t1/p1355530
I’ll probably get an Arrma next; I just got a mini E-Revo.

I had a arrma bigrock v3 . I litterly just did the same thing as you. Took off the motor and esc and the shocks. Sold it for 130. Id never buy a arrma 3s or 4s rig again

Back