My new 8th scale XTM brushless Rail

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbuickman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hiya Guys;),

I just picked up a new to me 8th scale XTM (Global Hobbys) brushless sandrail buggy. I had one of these about six years ago and if I remember right I ended up letting it go in a trade deal with some guns or something. I've kinda been kicking myself for that one, so I picked this beast up on a trade deal yesterday.

Basically it's an XT2 buggy that XTM put vertical uprights on down the sides of the chassis and put a cool roll cage on it. it came with the stock power setup which if I remember right is a 3674 2200kv 4 pole (probably a rebadged Hobbywing or Lehner) mill w/ a nice 125 amp esc. he said he had some problems with the speed control so I transplanted my Silver Arrow ESC in it.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/speed-...esc-motor-combo-2200kv-spa816801v2m22/p184036

& a receiver for my FlySky GT3X radio. it also came with a really nice airtronics MX sport fhss-2 .4 gig radio, so I scored there as well.

IMG_20161216_134250.jpg
IMG_20161216_134304.jpg
IMG_20161215_173306.jpg
IMG_20161215_173233.jpg
IMG_20161215_153233.jpg

Last edited:
I don't recall ever seeing one of these before. Looks like a VERY cool rig! :thumbs-up: How do they perform?

Last edited:
I second recall ever seeing one of these before. Looks like a VERY cool rig! :thumbs-up: How do they perform?

On 4s this thing flat gets with it. on a full charge it'll run 50 mph. it may have a little more weight than most but that can also be a plus, especially on groomed tracks. with a decent set of dirt tires this thing will handle like it's on Rails. with sand paddle tires all the way around this thing is a blast ion oose dirt and sand dunes.

BTW, it's also 4wd

What scale is it? Got anything else you could take a photo of it with? Looks like a mini HPI baja!

It' s 1/8th scale & probably about 23"x14"

:hehe: 'Flat gets with it'!!! Love it!!! It is one bad a$$ looking rig! The 4x4 sells it for me too! Reminds me of the old Kyosho Javelin which I have to say is prob my favorite all time for looks and for its performance at the time. VERY cool perchase! I'd love to see a vid of it running if you get the opportunity.

It' s 1/8th scale & probably about 23"x14"
Not sure how I missed that in the subject. lol Just saw XTM and rail and got excited I guess! Kind of like when I saw this thing the first time: http://www.krakenrc.com/vekta5/

Then I realize I have absolutely nowhere to run it or store it... then I'm sad again. :(

kind of a crappy picture because it's after Dark, but here's my sand rail sitting next to my 8th scale XTM Mammoth ST. I would have set it next to my XTM mega monster truck but that's even bigger than the mammoth.

IMG_20161216_204901.jpg

Huh, seems pretty long. The mammoth was a pretty long/big 1/8th scale. I had the ST for a while:
2007-0102-MammothBodyOn.jpg

The bumpers added some length to it too.

Nice, I still have my XTM MMT (mammoth monster truck) with the big block. 28 & black chassis. I also have the Mammoth ST truggy, that came with the original XTM blue aluminum Mammoth m/t chassis

DSCN3794.JPG IMG_20161019_171615.jpg

Nice, I still have my XTM MMT (mammoth monster truck) with the big block. 28 & black chassis. I also have the Mammoth ST truggy, that came with the original XTM blue aluminum Mammoth m/t chassis

View attachment 18813 View attachment 18814
I got rid of mine many years ago. If I had a track, it would have been more fun with the center diff, but as it was, I could barely get through a tank of gas without the 2-speed grenading on me.