My Neighbor really Sucks!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozarks104

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So today i was running my all stock T-maxx (thank god) out front and my neighbor asked if he could give it a try! Sure whats the harm right? 5 mins into the run he went all ricky bobby and lost control and went right into a wooden post of a mailbox! His response? "Oh Sh*t! Sorry man! That can be fixed right?" and he walks away! Thats it! No offering to help fix or anything! Lesson learned! :angry:

Damage: Upper and Lower Arms, Shock caps and steering servo.

So all in all not that bad but still!
9zm3b5.jpg

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 177
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
And you actually just let him walk away Scott free[emoji54]

SMH! Our hobby is to expensive to allow folks to "have a try". I only allow other RC heads to operate my vehicles. If anyone gonna be doing some crashing it's gonna be ME!LOL

Oh trust me it was hard not to say anything! My mistake! Also i just called my local hobby shop to see if they had the plastic gear in stock for the steering servo. He said "No most people just replace the whole servo?" I said why would i do that when the gear part is like $3 bucks..he was speechless..what a load of crock! bunch of thieves!

I've got the opposite problem. I've got the neighbors asking when I'm going to run again so they can watch...

The best thing about living in the middle of nowhere I have no neighbors to bother me.

The main reason is when most people trash the stock steering servo they upgrade to a high torque metal geared servo.
I would still order the gears, and move it to throttle/brake duties.

I think all of us have learned the hard way why you don't hand over the TX to people who have never driven a hobby grade RC before.
They either wreck it or they hold the throttle pinned the entire time.

What is wrong with holding the throttle pinned the whole time?? That's the only way I run.

Nothing if you know how to drive...

I've had mine for about a month or so, the first day i brought it out there had to be 20 something neighbors that were outside standing and watching. as i was running some neighbors that i havent actually meant yet slowly started to come over and small talk about the truck. well two weeks from then when i take it out there are some that will come over and automatically assume were best friends now and should let me give them a try. i explain how expensive it is to repair in some wrecks and politely say i canont hand it over unless i get atleast 50$ upfront in case the wreck and i need to repair. 95% of them end up watching and the other 5% that hand over the 50$ run it at most 50% throttle for about 5 mins and hand the tx back over and i their 50$ back. when the kids come out its a straight up no lol, but yet i will sit with my 4yr old daughter in my lap and let her play with it while my hands are on the tx still =D

I treat my RCs the way I treat my 1:1...If your family I MIGHT let you drive it....maybe....unless your my brother....

You could always drop the bill for repair's in his letter box. If he asks you why you put it there say "sh@# sorry, I naturally thought that you wanted to be a responsible adult". I usually take a few of my cars out when bashing so I have put them all on one remote so I can't "lend" one to anyone else and if the just want a quick go I ask them if I can just do a few donuts in there car. But that never goes down well. lol:p

Lesson learnt:
no matter how nice your neighbour is don't let them play with your very expensive toy.

Ya my bother couldn't understand why i spend so much on mt T-Maxx. I heard about it from him for 2 weeks. Well a year later I let him drive it. He ran it full throttle and i mean pinned full throttle right into a metal fence post. Shattered the front left upper and lower a arms, and drive shaft. Fond the tire 50 feet from the truck. Never ever will I let someone ever touch my toys again. Atleast he gave me $50 to help fix it.

I had quite a few friends ruin my Traxxas Bandit back in the day, but it was a time when we were all beating on it and you could replace motors at 20$ a pop LOL... I would say we all rebuilt that one dozens of times.

I say help should be there. If someone is willing to break something and just walk away, that is not cool. I never minded my friends breaking my old Bandit because it was all of us who would fix it. And I would add that I would not hammer on someone elses truck unless I was prepared to replace the entire thing. I say that because I have had my trucks lose signal and race into traffic like a freight train. With that said, I would say I would have a hard time 'just' bombing peoples trucks around seems as so they are 400$ plus most times and there are many, many things that could go wrong.

Many people don't realize though. I have showed friends my trucks and toys and they never recognize the value because they are not in the hobby. Believe it or not, most people will view a nitro truck as 'some little r/c toy', and would not consider hundreds of dollars into it.

And you think that is bad, never let anyone fly your planes or helis unless they know how to! That is a instant, guarantee crash every time. Even worse, you crash some good sized CP helicopter and it is totaled, period....

Back