my first project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZANDOR said:
Good point MW ...Danny refrain from the old people type crap Please..

We are not old just mentally challenged

Huh? What? Someone say something? I'm a 17 year old trapped in the broken down body of a 37 year old!

ZANDOR said:

ok ZANDOR sorry about that. ill find something else to call the ohio badass.

I like that, "The Ohio Bad Ass".

"I am the Buckeye Bad Ass, you don't like my (BLEEP!)"

Go to bed, Danny! Way past your bed time and you have school tomorrow!

Monkey Wrench said:
I like that, "The Ohio Bad Ass".

"I am the Buckeye Bad Ass, you don't like my (BLEEP!)"

Go to bed, Danny! Way past your bed time and you have school tomorrow!

you trying to son me?
i can sleep 3rd period. the same period on come here.

ZANDOR said:

Your abusing the right to be retarded guys,

And for the 4ws ider,if you rig it right,then you'll be able to steer with 1 channell instead of two,wich is much easier then setting a third channel wich will be limited due to amount of dial's,hand movement..ect,Connecting the two servo's through the same servo wire will be a pain,but it should work,Here's what you need to look at,The traxxas revo use's two servos i think,figure out the setup that the revo uses,and just apply the same knowledge to the servo setup,so everything will work evenlly,just make sure to put the servo's the right direction the firs time to make things easier.Now that will be $10 for using my brain and asprin to fix my headache for trying to sound "Smart".

Got Nitro? said:
Your abusing the right to be retarded guys,

And for the 4ws ider,if you rig it right,then you'll be able to steer with 1 channell instead of two,wich is much easier then setting a third channel wich will be limited due to amount of dial's,hand movement..ect,Connecting the two servo's through the same servo wire will be a pain,but it should work,Here's what you need to look at,The traxxas revo use's two servos i think,figure out the setup that the revo uses,and just apply the same knowledge to the servo setup,so everything will work evenlly,just make sure to put the servo's the right direction the firs time to make things easier.Now that will be $10 for using my brain and asprin to fix my headache for trying to sound "Smart".

doesn't traxxas use 3 channels for their revos and t maxx?

Yes 1 channel for steering,1 chanell for reverse,one channell for throttle,but the reverse button on the reverse is where the third channell comes into play,basiclly you just flip the button and your either in or outta reverse,there's no moderation for adjustment

so your just saying i can use a 2 channel as long as i have the 2 servos wired together correctly.

Yes, the Revo uses two sterring servos via Y-splitter cable. The problem is, for your application, Danny, you need the servo in the rear to reverse, that is why I suggested using a three channel radio to mix it. When you mis, you program two channels to work in tandem, so if you wire the rear steering servo to channel three and mix it with channel one, you can control both at the same time.

If you wire them with a Y-splitter, if you turn the wheel on your TX right, both the front and rear servos turn right, so instead of actually turning the truck, you "crab walk" it. Visualize it and you'll get it.

By using a 3 channell radio like MW said you will be able to do crab walking,but as for mixing the 1/3 channel i dunno how the hell you would pull it off.

You'll probablly have to search for a radio that will allow you to program

Yes that adaptor is what you'll need,if your servo's have rx's plugs,then you'll need to get Male adaptors for both servo's,also depending on the length of yours wires,you may also need a servo extender for your rear steering servo,and being's it's a 6x6 crab walking would be hard beings you have 2 set's of wheels turning differnt directions,and your 2nd set being your middle driving it all,it might work ok,but using full time 4ws would be much easier,it's all up to you,if you can afford a 3 channel radio that's programmable for this application wich will enable you too crab walk,then go for,if crab walking doesn't work out,then you wouldn't need a 3rd channell,unless you decided to put Led light's all over and turn this truck into something hott and flashy.

moneys mot really a big problem. i was planning of getting a new anyway but i think if it does work ill got with the all time 4ws for now.

No, no, no! You DO NOT want it to crab walk, you want it to steer.

In a typical 4WS set-up, the rear wheels need to steer the opposite direction of the front wheels. So if you steer left, the front wheels need to point left, but the rear wheels need to point right, get it? If both sets of wheels point left, the car will not "turn" left, but more like "slide" TO the left.

To make this happen, the servo steering the rear wheels must turn the OPPOSITE way of the front one. If you connect the front and rear servos directly via a Y-cable, like the two steering servos are connected on a Revo, they will both turn the wheels the SAME direction, rather than in OPPOSITE directions. The result will be the "slide" rather than the "steer". Still with me?

My theory (and only in theory) is to wire the the rear steering servo into channel 3, then mix it with channel 1 on the TX to countersteer, so when you steer the wheel on the TX, the front servo steers one way and the rear servo the opposite.

don't goto fast when using 4ws the car will flip easily if you use a 3/4 channel (sticks) you can steer normally then kick the backend out and powerslide on loose dirt

Monkey Wrench said:
No, no, no! You DO NOT want it to crab walk, you want it to steer.

In a typical 4WS set-up, the rear wheels need to steer the opposite direction of the front wheels. So if you steer left, the front wheels need to point left, but the rear wheels need to point right, get it? If both sets of wheels point left, the car will not "turn" left, but more like "slide" TO the left.

To make this happen, the servo steering the rear wheels must turn the OPPOSITE way of the front one. If you connect the front and rear servos directly via a Y-cable, like the two steering servos are connected on a Revo, they will both turn the wheels the SAME direction, rather than in OPPOSITE directions. The result will be the "slide" rather than the "steer". Still with me?

My theory (and only in theory) is to wire the the rear steering servo into channel 3, then mix it with channel 1 on the TX to countersteer, so when you steer the wheel on the TX, the front servo steers one way and the rear servo the opposite.

That's what I've been trying to say MW,Your theory is what I'm trying to say,if you flip the servo upside down,then it would be steering the opposite direction as the front,making it turn to the left when your trying to make the truck go right,and turn to the right when your trying to go left,see what I'm getting at?

ok i finally get it.my slow responding brain gets it now. all i have to do now is find a way to mount it.

dannyd said:
ok i finally get it.my slow responding brain gets it now. all i have to do now is find a way to mount it.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:banana: :thankyou: :banana:

I'm glad that you finally figured it out,As for mounting it,i would just buy another front end,and use it,just make sure to beef it up a bit,makethings easier

Back