My first crawler!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah IMBroken, at least go softer in the front.

alot of guys are using the Red or white springs (soft, very soft).

Let us know what you think after your De-Virgining.

I went for my first crawl and ran into some issues.......1st the articulation seemed poor, 2nd the stock tires did not work that well. I came home and put the delrin plate on and switched to the Rovers.....Plate works great gave it a smoother articulation, Rovers not so well, seemed to soft and rolled over quite a bit (stock HB foams) then i stripped a plastic servo horn.

Goin to build the losi shocks today...any suggestions on setup? I want to lower it a bit.

lol yeah dude the lizards suck!!! the rovers, although you got medium, or still gonna be really soft with the stock foams, I'm running proline memory foams in mine now with soft rovers...I'm guessing your articulation is pretty good you just arent used to it yet, once you run some more you will prolly end up liking it better...did you wieght your wheels? thats a must. it will also help on articulation cuz it will hold it down better so it doesn't just spring back....yeah id lower it to around 2 3/4" at the belly if i were you...you can just put spacers in the shock to limit how far it goes up.

lol yeah dude the lizards suck!!! the rovers, although you got medium, or still gonna be really soft with the stock foams, I'm running proline memory foams in mine now with soft rovers...I'm guessing your articulation is pretty good you just arent used to it yet, once you run some more you will prolly end up liking it better...did you wieght your wheels? thats a must. it will also help on articulation cuz it will hold it down better so it doesn't just spring back....yeah id lower it to around 2 3/4" at the belly if i were you...you can just put spacers in the shock to limit how far it goes up.

I placed 3 oz weight in the front and 1 oz in the rear...probably going to add an additional 3 to each front wheel and put the stock proline memory foam in the rovers. I did it on 1 wheel and it seems very simialar if not softer than the HB foams. There is a void from the foam to the tire.

Any idea what length the tubing should be cut to bring it down around 23/4

yeah mine have a gap between the tire and foam as well, nothing to worry about, you want your tire to skwoosh alot...i personally would add more weight than that, at the moment I'm running 9 oz in each front with 6 in the backs...

I'm at 5 1/4 f and 3 3/4 on the back on the MB. when its done, i plan to be between 9 -13 F, and maybe 5 to 7 on rears, just depends on what i can come up with for additional weights.

I just added 7 1/2oz to my front wheels, and 3 1/2oz to the rears. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try it uin yet thaks to all the white crap that has been on the ground for weeks now.

Also, drill a 1/8 hole in each rim. Once you screw those bead lock rings down it will make the tires bouncy, so you want to give the air a way to escape.

A few pics of the new spot i found and it's first run......

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 81
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 79
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 82
  • photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 80
looks like a fun spot man...

Just an FYI, Proline makes a larger foam for tires like the Rover and chissle, they have a over sized memory foam and a two stage oversized foam which is part regular foam at the base and memory foam wraped around that, here is a link to them http://www.prolineracing.com//c-69-foam.aspx

yeah I've been looking at them foams, should work great....

you could also do what i did for $20 at big lots you can buy a memory foam pillow and take the memory foam out and do a ton of tires. I did 8 tires with it and used only half of the memory foam so far, much cheaper than spending $7 for 2 memory foam inserts, but just an idea.

Hey all,

The shafts by the tranny keep coming loose. I had some HPI set screws from my baja linkage and placed 2 on each shaft (1 on each side) with locktite and they still manage to come loose after about 15 mins of crawling......Any suggestions?

Also just installed my Losi shocks and one of the shafts had a gouge in it...%@*% !! now i have to deal with Losi and there warranty dept. I hope there hassle free i have not dealt with them yet....i installed it but its causing it to leak...i guess it tore the the o-ring

you could also do what i did for $20 at big lots you can buy a memory foam pillow and take the memory foam out and do a ton of tires. I did 8 tires with it and used only half of the memory foam so far, much cheaper than spending $7 for 2 memory foam inserts, but just an idea.

Great idea, may have to go on a hunt for 1 of these pillows.

lol you sound like me!!! i hate drive shafts!!!! i usually use an ass load of super glue to keep mine on lol...

if you get some MIP drive shafts they seem to stay on alittle better but i still have to super glue the piss out of mine....

I guess this is where i will regret NOT getting the BERG!!! This drove me crazy today.LMOA

Last edited:
you mean regret NOT getting the berg....yeah drivelines bug the crap out of me for that same exact reason.....right now on my scaler i drilled through the hole where the grub screws go and indented the outdrive on the tranny and the axle pretty good so the grub sits down in it and then super glued the hell out of it lol, havent lost one yet though.

you mean regret NOT getting the berg....yeah drivelines bug the crap out of me for that same exact reason.....right now on my scaler i drilled through the hole where the grub screws go and indented the outdrive on the tranny and the axle pretty good so the grub sits down in it and then super glued the hell out of it lol, havent lost one yet though.

You and your damm super glue, LOL!!!! Blue locktite let it dry for 24 hours, works for me on my MIP drive shafts.....:D

i use super glue cuz i bought 10, 10 packs of it at costco lol.

You and your damm super glue, LOL!!!! Blue locktite let it dry for 24 hours, works for me on my MIP drive shafts.....:D

Tried the blue with 24 hours and still came loose....going red or SG next.

Installed the Losi shocks and boy it sits low (no tubing on the inside)......also, i noticed the drive shafts are on a weird angle up front due to the Viper servo plate. I want to add a 4 link to bring the servo plate more level and position the drive shafts but the top tubes are a bit short even with a 6mm spacer added. Not sure how to ask this question but how do you determine a good setup.....it seems to be to low. I read on a post the top tubes should be close to horizontal. I know theres more than that....

Back