my first crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foggy

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
well i finally got round to building my crawler.
I'm still waiting for the rock claws,front battery mounts and servo to turn up in the post.
theres a rooster esc with a fifty five motor in there some where.
PICT0269.gif

PICT0271.gif

PICT0272.gif

PICT0273.gif

I've not finished with the wiring and I've gotta change that servo and battery mount as soon as they turn up.

wow man, thats a nice crawler you got there makes mine look like a wounded duck.

wow man, thats a nice crawler you got there makes mine look like a wounded duck.

thanks man it started off as a rtr.
i can't wait to get it in the dirt.
crawling over the kids teletubbies just aint the same.

lol, yeah the teletubbies arent to much of a challenge for that bad boy. bad thing about getting it out on the rocks is its gonna get scratched up, its almost to pretty for it.

You could cut a pice of lexan about an inch wide and 3 inches long, and put holes down both sides about a half inch apart. Then, lace the antenna around and around the lexan, going through the holes to keep it from unraveling. This will make that antenna a lot shorter and out of the way, without causing interference.

thats a beautiful rig you got there buddy.

Who makes that chassis?

You could cut a pice of lexan about an inch wide and 3 inches long, and put holes down both sides about a half inch apart. Then, lace the antenna around and around the lexan, going through the holes to keep it from unraveling. This will make that antenna a lot shorter and out of the way, without causing interference.

I'm still not finished with the wiring i was going to put in a mardave style reciever wire.

i got the chassis from 3 racing.
the shocks are gmade zero.

ya i m wondering about the chassis brand too? looks pretty good.

got it from 3raceing $25 i think not a bad price.

The biggest problem with that body seems to be in performance. Because of how square it is, once it rolls over, it's hard to get it to roll itself back over like you can with a lot of the crawler bodies.

yeah man I've only tested it indoors but it's like a turtle on its back.
total waste of $$.

it totaly does look like the warthog from halo hehe.

so 3 racing made your tvps?

definitly not a big fan on your lid

updated pics

well after a lot of thought i put my crawler on ebay.... for about 10 mins lol :hehe:.
decided i'd spent to much time and $$$ to warrant selling it to fund my 1/5 fund.

anyway I've now upgraded the body and tires.

now it's got..

losi rock claws
gmade shocks
rooster esc
fifty five motor
and loads of other hopups.

still waitin for my servo and low cog battery plates.

PICT0315.gif

PICT0316.gif

Are your tires in the back on backwards for any particular reason? I'm just wondering if you specifically did it for performance or if that's just how they ended up on the beadlocks. If you're going to run that stick pack, you could move the ESC to the rear links, and place the stick pack on the upper links in the front. That would allow you to have full tire clearance and might lower the COG slightly. Some saddle packs for $20 at TCS would be a good investment if you're not going to run LiPo. You could get some nice LiPo batteries for around $30 though.

Last edited: