My first attempt about to begin...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, no crickets.

Actually a good first job. Likes are clean with no bleed. Color is uniform and the purple didn't show through the green. So I'd say it went exactly to plan and that's exactly what you need to do. Great Job both of you.

Thanks! Step-son just joined the forums (HawaiianGerbil) so he'll be glad of the feedback. He did a great job with the uniform coats, the only issues being my masking ability and the jagged edges from paint bridging on removal and some minor overspray on the nooks & crannies along the stripes where the body curved in.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Nicely done. 10 lids from now and you'll be a famous painter. Each one gets better and more creative.
I'm tempted to get one of those cars just for the sake of doing those beautiful scale bodies.

That' turned out nicely. Very clean as Candyman said. Patience is the key and it seems the two of you have that part down pat. Nice job!

Nicely done. 10 lids from now and you'll be a famous painter. Each one gets better and more creative.

I highly doubt that. I believe I did mention my monumental amount of artistic suck previously :)

I'm tempted to get one of those cars just for the sake of doing those beautiful scale bodies.

Do it! I want to see the infamous Rolex take on a classic AMC Gremlin. Or a Pacer. You know, cars that were new when you were first started collecting social security back in the 70's

:banana:

Wow rolex that look to me like a knife handle sticking out of your back. Perhaps you should have one of your Great-grand children go over and teach him a lesson:hehe: