my car starts fine but when i hit acceleration it just revs up without going

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSPbackwash

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
its a HSP buggy 1/10 scale its starts goood it's tuned perfectly but when i hit acceleration it just revs without moving plz help me its pssing me of because my friends r comin and i wat to show thm it.

Check your slipper clutch. Make sure your nut is tightened and the lock nut is still capable of locking (May be worn out). Also, check your clutch shoes.

My Nitro Rustler did that and it ended up with a bad spur gear

Clutch might also be jammed. Had that happen once when my clutch spring broke.

mines having the same problem right now, i think i broke something with either the spur gear or either the clutch. either way, i know that, because I have had that problem before, and it had been either the spur gear or the clutch. it just wasn't going anywhere, you would push the throttle, and it would just stay in one spot. so yeah, i'm going to have my hobby shop check mine out pretty soon. my guess is with mine atleast, is the spur gear.

Last edited:
I've showed my clutch shoe to my local hobbie store they said nothing is wrong with it so wats the problem with it where the spur gear

I've showed my clutch shoe to my local hobbie store they said nothing is wrong with it so wats the problem with it where the spur gear

That would be the gear that your Clutch bell gear (the only gear connected to the engine) turns, Its usuwally made of plastic and has a nasty habit to become stripped, as in the clutch gear rips off all the teeth and no longer makes contact. Or mabye you haven't checked the spacing of these two gears, you want them to be tight enough so that you can just bearly feel that play inbetween them, or Like coby said check the slipper clutch, if it is loose then the spur gear will be spinning but the wheels and tranny won't, if this is the case tighten up the nut that holds on the spur gear. And if none of that works and your clutch is good you need to rip apart you tranny to see if the gears are stripped. good luck

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=05f16107-ec8c-4fbb-9367-f5a0fd7a03c3 Here is a link to the manual for the HSP Backwash, it dose not have a slipper clutch, it is a 1/10 4WD nitro buggy with a two speed transmission mounted in the center and a diff at both ends, if you look on page 29 of the manual there is a exploded view of the transmission, hope this helps... check to see if your clutch bell gear that is attatched to your motor is turning the gears in the center of the car, if both of those gears are turning but your car dose not move, then take the next step and look at the drive shafts coming out of the center of the car that go to the front and rear diffs, if the front and rear drive shafts are turning, then look at the diffs, you just have to look at the car and see what is turning and whats not and then work from there to figure out where the problem is, Good Luck!:)

Last edited:
hspbackwash ... I have the same buggy and had the same problem. If you look underneath then you can see the two throttle gears ... mine was completelty sstripped. Make sure that you engine is mounted as close to it as possible as mine had slipped across.

my clutch shoe was ckecked by my local hobby store nothing was wrong with that is the spur gear in the gear box and i dont have a slipper clutch

plz help me

sounds exactly like my problem that I said before. Is the engine mounted as far over as it can be (that was the problem on mine) it was not engaging the gears!

are the trottle gears the 2 big ones in the gear box

if so could you explain to me how to fix it

look at page 29 in the manual https://share.acrobat.com/adc/docume...7-f5a0fd7a03c3

the spur gears (aka throttle gears) are part numbers 6 and 8 in the picture. The one that is most likely stripped is the first gear gear, if it is stripped all the teeth on it will be flat so the cluch bell (gears coming off the engine) do not engage the transmission and turn the wheels. my advice on how to change them? take pieces of until you can change the gear and just remember how you took them off to put them back on. Sorry can't be much help on how to change them without actually seeing the car.

are you sure the flywheel isnt spinning on the crank? I've had the nut back off the flywheel and cause this.

yeah i reached into my gear box and one of those big gears wasn't spinning but the oth
er 1 was

u could have the idle needle set to high try backin it off and then see if it does it is it tuned and run in properly...............

that happened to my HSP BACKWASH also with my car its was the gear in the gear box easy too fix......

Back