Mugen 1/8 MBX-5 4WD Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobH

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This is that new Mugen buggy MBX-5. I think it just came out yesterday or something.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXECD8&P=7

It's 742.99 but I *think* it includes a mill. Can someone verify that for me?

under features it says:

Engine: (.12,.15,.21,Four stroke)(manufacturer)(pull-start,non-pull)

and under REQUIRES: it just says radio (doesn't say you need an engine and a pipe).

I'm curious what mill comes with this bad boy. Let me know if you guys find out, I'll do the same.

-rob

No, I can just about promise you that an engine is NOT included with this buggy. The price is already down to $629.99 and within a couple of months it will be cheaper. It's not unusual for Tower to list a price really high before they get a kit in, and then when it arrives they lower the price. But it will not surprise me one bit to see this kit anywhere between $500-600. It will probably be better than the MBX4 XR and it is one of the best out there. If you would like to know a little more about it go here:

http://www.mugenseiki.com/menueefi.htm

The differences from the XR Works from what I can tell, are the steering servo is on it's side, like some of the 1/10 scales. The front upper arms appear to be "swept" forward. Different receiver, battery box. Graphite on the radio tray, front and center plates. Big bore shocks. The purple is gone and replaced with a stainless look. Also looks like a larger fuel splash guard. If this buggy is better than the MBX4, Kyosho drivers beware!:p

LOL Razor.... You are right!

Very well could be........

God I think I'm gonna have to buy that thing. I have been kinda toying with the idea but I think I will order it up on payday!

Yes, please do and tell me what you think!!:cheeky: I'm going to go ahead and look long term, since I will have to sell both of my XR's to get it. :whistle:

I've had one on backorder for two months, I am a hobby shop owner and I should get it in the next week or so, Mugen says its a whole new design and its gonna blow away the MBX4's, R's and all! I can wait, it does not come with motor, there is a new OS I'm gonna drop in it when it comes out soon! Delaer cost is well over 5 bills so you wont see it under $600 probably, It is competing directly with the Kyosho Kanai2, Ill keep you posted when I get it!

Back