Mp9 only starts when hot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinWake

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a kyosho mp9, I've had this for a while... I missed used it so I went out bought what I needed to make it run anyways what I do is I heat up the engine with a hair dyer then prime it a bit after that I give it a bit of throttle and it starts, it idles good runs a bit rich when giving it full gas but runs and its quick , and tbh I like to run it a little rich this is my 2nd engine so yeah...

I keep getting side tracked

my question is why wont it start from cold? I used to be able to just start it without having to heat it up and give it throttle, the idle is good so I dont know why it would not start without a bit of throttle.. and even if I let it idle and warm up if I turn it off and it has a bit of time to cool down it wont start, when it is hot it will start with no extra throttle and idle perfect what could be going on? thanks!

I've had engines that refuse to fire up when below 70F. I don't know why, but I could just pull the starter until my hand bled. But, if I warmed them up to 80F, they would fire up on the first pull once primed. My LRP28's and LRP30 seemed to be that way. Most other engines would fire up if they were 50F or warmer, but anything colder than that and they fought me as well.

I've had engines that refuse to fire up when below 70F. I don't know why, but I could just pull the starter until my hand bled. But, if I warmed them up to 80F, they would fire up on the first pull once primed. My LRP28's and LRP30 seemed to be that way. Most other engines would fire up if they were 50F or warmer, but anything colder than that and they fought me as well.
yes! exactly my hands will get numb and no start but as soon as I warm it up it starts