Motor mount E-flite T-28/F4U/P-47 Motor Part#: EFL08252 / E-flite

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirChavez

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey yall so I'm looking for someone to fabricate a metal or better mount in general for a power 15 motor from eflite. I talked to some 3d printing guy and he tried to scam me with a ridiculous price. Its going to my eflite 1.1 t28.

Attachments

• processed-edc5a6e6-2562-4c36-9fb8-66db0d40cee8_Jvy3BKgF.jpeg
    processed-edc5a6e6-2562-4c36-9fb8-66db0d40cee8_Jvy3BKgF.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20211205-104956_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-104956_Chrome.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 33
Hey yall so I'm looking for someone to fabricate a metal or better mount in general for a power 15 motor from eflite. I talked to some 3d printing guy and he tried to scam me with a ridiculous price. Its going to my eflite 1.1 t28.
Its not cheap to have a one off part 3D modeled and CNC'd. I'm not sure what you were expecting but I thought about having this done with a gear once and it was so expensive I didnt bother.

Its not cheap to have a one off part 3D modeled and CNC'd. I'm not sure what you were expecting but I thought about having this done with a gear once and it was so expensive I didnt bother.
Well the thing is the guy said it was like 5/15 to make it, but he said to design itnwould be time consuming and he said after all itd be like 100/200 dollars. So i heard there was metal motor mounts for like 20 bucks. So thats what I've been looking for which i did find after i posted this
What i found for 20 and some change

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211214-094014_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-094014_eBay.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 33
Awesome! Glad you found something.

Yeah, I got quoted around $160 which I thought was crazy cuz I had someone else 3D model the gear up in solid works but they were trying to tell me that they would still have to tweak the design etc etc. I was just like nvm...

A metal motor mount is going to change your center of gravity quite a bit. Unless your crashing, the plastic mount should be fine. Even then it's cheaper to replace it several times.

Awesome! Glad you found something.

Yeah, I got quoted around $160 which I thought was crazy cuz I had someone else 3D model the gear up in solid works but they were trying to tell me that they would still have to tweak the design etc etc. I was just like nvm...
Yeah for sure man, my crazy thought about is that the plane is only worth $220. There was no way i was gonna put a motor mount as equal price of the plane hahaha. Thanks man me too!
A metal motor mount is going to change your center of gravity quite a bit. Unless your crashing, the plastic mount should be fine. Even then it's cheaper to replace it several times.
No doubt i have considered that for sure, the problem is that the thrust of the motor is breaking the plastic from just the regular vibrations. I've already gone through 5 of them in the past 2 months. I figured id pay a smidge more so itll never break. And ill just have the refigure the CG on it

I had the same set up in my P-47 with a power15, I never had any probs. have you balanced your prop? I wonder if you could wrap it in fiberglass or something? It would keep the weight down while re-enforcing the mount.

I had the same set up in my P-47 with a power15, I never had any probs. have you balanced your prop? I wonder if you could wrap it in fiberglass or something? It would keep the weight down while re-enforcing the mount.
I always do, i use apc or recently a three blade prop which i havent had break yet but I'm not wanting to find out again also lol i think it also my reverse capabilities that may be also breaking the mount. I put a avion spektrum 60a esc which has reverse capabilities