Motor mount E-flite T-28/F4U/P-47 Motor Part#: EFL08252 / E-flite

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SirChavez

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey yall so I'm looking for someone to fabricate a metal or better mount in general for a power 15 motor from eflite. I talked to some 3d printing guy and he tried to scam me with a ridiculous price. Its going to my eflite 1.1 t28.

Attachments

• processed-edc5a6e6-2562-4c36-9fb8-66db0d40cee8_Jvy3BKgF.jpeg
    processed-edc5a6e6-2562-4c36-9fb8-66db0d40cee8_Jvy3BKgF.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20211205-104956_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-104956_Chrome.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 14

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey yall so I'm looking for someone to fabricate a metal or better mount in general for a power 15 motor from eflite. I talked to some 3d printing guy and he tried to scam me with a ridiculous price. Its going to my eflite 1.1 t28.
Its not cheap to have a one off part 3D modeled and CNC'd. I'm not sure what you were expecting but I thought about having this done with a gear once and it was so expensive I didnt bother.

SirChavez

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Its not cheap to have a one off part 3D modeled and CNC'd. I'm not sure what you were expecting but I thought about having this done with a gear once and it was so expensive I didnt bother.
Well the thing is the guy said it was like 5/15 to make it, but he said to design itnwould be time consuming and he said after all itd be like 100/200 dollars. So i heard there was metal motor mounts for like 20 bucks. So thats what I've been looking for which i did find after i posted this
What i found for 20 and some change

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211214-094014_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-094014_eBay.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 15

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Awesome! Glad you found something.

Yeah, I got quoted around $160 which I thought was crazy cuz I had someone else 3D model the gear up in solid works but they were trying to tell me that they would still have to tweak the design etc etc. I was just like nvm...

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
A metal motor mount is going to change your center of gravity quite a bit. Unless your crashing, the plastic mount should be fine. Even then it's cheaper to replace it several times.

SirChavez

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad you found something.

Yeah, I got quoted around $160 which I thought was crazy cuz I had someone else 3D model the gear up in solid works but they were trying to tell me that they would still have to tweak the design etc etc. I was just like nvm...
Yeah for sure man, my crazy thought about is that the plane is only worth $220. There was no way i was gonna put a motor mount as equal price of the plane hahaha. Thanks man me too!
A metal motor mount is going to change your center of gravity quite a bit. Unless your crashing, the plastic mount should be fine. Even then it's cheaper to replace it several times.
No doubt i have considered that for sure, the problem is that the thrust of the motor is breaking the plastic from just the regular vibrations. I've already gone through 5 of them in the past 2 months. I figured id pay a smidge more so itll never break. And ill just have the refigure the CG on it

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I had the same set up in my P-47 with a power15, I never had any probs. have you balanced your prop? I wonder if you could wrap it in fiberglass or something? It would keep the weight down while re-enforcing the mount.

SirChavez

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same set up in my P-47 with a power15, I never had any probs. have you balanced your prop? I wonder if you could wrap it in fiberglass or something? It would keep the weight down while re-enforcing the mount.
I always do, i use apc or recently a three blade prop which i havent had break yet but I'm not wanting to find out again also lol i think it also my reverse capabilities that may be also breaking the mount. I put a avion spektrum 60a esc which has reverse capabilities