Motor esc combo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiimpaul4545

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for a new motor and esc set up for my 6x6 hauler. Just smoked the 35t brushed motor in it. Not sure if its was a power overload or just asked too much of it. Figured it would be best to swap both so inform me. I'm new ish to the hobby so bear with me

what is it? how do you run?
I'll attach a photo of the truck. Like I said a 35t brushed RC4WD motor and the Hexfly esc out of my redcat gen 7, I had a spare. 7.2v Ni-MH battery

Attachments

• 20191209_140104.jpg
    20191209_140104.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 56
You can't go wrong with tekin motor &esc. I only use a $10 motor to run a mud bog

The 35t RC4WD is a 540 size motor right? I would look at least a 550 size brushed motor and a Hobbywing WP 1080 esc. You can spend more or less like a brushless setup or another brushed setup. Just depends on what you want to invest in it (your budget).

The 35t RC4WD is a 540 size motor right? I would look at least a 550 size brushed motor and a Hobbywing WP 1080 esc. You can spend more or less like a brushless setup or another brushed setup. Just depends on what you want to invest in it (your budget).
I would like to stay on the budget friendly side of things but I want good touque out put, the speed isnt what I'm looking for

Back