monster truck race

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevelledude33

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what do you guys think will win in a drag race
a savage ss (stock)
tmaxx with hyper 8 port

i would think the maxx wit da 8 port would beast on the savage, i personally dont like the savage :breakdown

hey that was not very nice :sneaky:

The maxx is still lighter. It all would have to do with the gearing. If they were both geared for the same ratio, the probably the maxx.

Originally posted by SkYLiNe RaCeR
i would think the maxx wit da 8 port would beast on the savage, i personally dont like the savage :breakdown

haha, i know man, the savage is a good truck, i just prefer the maxx over it. later

SkYLiNe RaCeR, do you have a Savage? Or only a T-Maxx? If you don't have one of each, then your opinion is just that...an opinion. Until you have owned one of each, you really can't give us an unbiased opinion.

As far as which truck would win? That is a tough one and comes down to set up and tuning. The .21 8-port versus a .25 is a close race if they are geared right. The truck that is lightest and thus gains the better thrust to weight ratio should win, but there are a bunch of other things that play into it.

For certain, it would be a close race.

I own a T Maxx and I never would rag on the Savage. I seen a Savage in action and it is a nice truck, as well as the T Maxx. I believe the lighter of the two would win. I am also thinking about getting a savage with that trucxkzilla kit. Are the .46 motors really pushing 4.8 horse or is that just talk.

wat the heck?? On the traxxas board they all say they can beat savages with both trucks stock???!! I have never went against a savage but about everything on my maxx that depends on speed, is hopped up.

Originally posted by Ta Da Maxx
wat the heck?? On the traxxas board they all say they can beat savages with both trucks stock???!! I have never went against a savage but about everything on my maxx that depends on speed, is hopped up.

Well, that is on a traxxas board so the bias is there.

I'm still a noobie but I've driven both trucks and I would say both being stock I think the maxx would win. Both the trucks I drove were bone stock and the tmaxx seemed quicker, but it could all be just a matter of tuning.

Like Sky and others pointed out.....it all depends on the gearing and the Maxx weighs much less.

I smoked my Buddies .25 Savage with my Sirio .18 maxx. Both trucks have very similar high gearing. The Hyper 8 Port would take it assuming again that gearing is the same or very similar.

Come on! a bone stock t-maxx can take an SS. The savage may top at somewhere near 40 like the maxx, but the maxx gets up there much faster.