MIP cvd's or LST2 CVD'S

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stariondriver

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Last edited:
Well... I haven't really had any issues with the stock ones on my aftershock in over a year. I mean there's some wear, but that's to be expected. CVD's don't last forever and require maintenance/cleaning to keep them working as long as possible.

I've busted two. One was due to neglect, the other busted upon a very hard impact with an inanimate object. My only guess is that it put the cvd joint at such a bad angle, that it bound and snapped.

I have run 4 gallons through with stock engine and probably 3-4 gallons through with an LRP28S3. Two of the axles are completely original. One of the others has a new bone and the 4th has a new axle as it's what snapped off.

Well... I haven't really had any issues with the stock ones on my aftershock in over a year. I mean there's some wear, but that's to be expected. CVD's don't last forever and require maintenance/cleaning to keep them working as long as possible.

I've busted two. One was due to neglect, the other busted upon a very hard impact with an inanimate object. My only guess is that it put the cvd joint at such a bad angle, that it bound and snapped.

I have run 4 gallons through with stock engine and probably 3-4 gallons through with an LRP28S3. Two of the axles are completely original. One of the others has a new bone and the 4th has a new axle as it's what snapped off.

thanks for the fedback:)

To be honest, I don't see the point in the LST2 upgrade kit. At least not as a general basher. The only thing I can see it making easier is the usage of larger hubs. I haven't had many issues with much except for the turnbuckles. Which I replaced all with lunsford and haven't had an issue since. I replaced the arms with RPM arms right away and I also installed standard diameter MT tires, not the big poofy ones it came with.

Back