Mini-T Shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I purchased a set of Micro Shocks for my Mini-T today. I have been hoping to get a set from Losi but they still aren't available.

After doing some research and measuring I came up with a set designed to go on the rear pod of an Associated L series rear pod. They measure just a bit longer than the original shocks. I shaved about 1/8th inch off the ball caps and now they are the same length.

I will install them in a day or so and test them out. I wasn't sure if they would work so I only got 1 set. @ 24.99 I figure its worth a try. They came with 2 sets of springs a medium set and a heavy set. I also purchased a light set @ 2.99.

Here are some photos and I will let everyone know how I like them. I also purchased a 400 series motor that I will install when I get the time.

HB, I'm on your tail.

13minishocks1-med.jpg

13minishocks2-med.jpg

Here is a list of parts needed for the conversion.

Springs

Shocks

Captured Ball ends and short ball cups.

Full size ball studs.

I got everything installed and they work great.
The black soft springs are the ticket to a good setup all the others were to stiff. I'm running 30 wt oil and so far it seems to be the ticket. I will play around with oils as time goes on. I needed to shave just a bit of the extra plastic off of the lower captured ball end to free everything up a bit. The only thing I may change if I can find a part is the Stock Metal ball on the lower fronts is just a tad bit to small. It works for now and time will tell if it becomes an issue.

The new shocks don't have as much travel as the originals but after doing some curb jumping its doesn't seem to be an issue.

All in all the 4 shocks, springs and ball ends, and ball studs cost around 60.00.

13minishocks3-med.jpg

13minishocks4-med.jpg

Hey Eddy, were do I get the turnbuckles? Mine bent already. I guess it was from jumping off the 10 step flight of stairs.

Back