Mini E-Revo has throttle control issues and no reverse. How can I test my Speed control?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Gray

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was hoping someone could help me out with a Mini E-revo problem I am experiencing. The throttle only works with the trigger forward even after I resinc it to the controller. I also have no reverse. I want to know how to test my speed control and also my controller to see which it might be before buying expensive parts I may not need. Thank you

Has it always been like this for you or something that recently happened randomly? First thing Id check is to reprogram your esc. Chance its in a race mode or something that doesn't have reverse.

Has it always been like this for you or something that recently happened randomly? First thing Id check is to reprogram your esc. Chance its in a race mode or something that doesn't have reverse.
Do you know how to test the electronic speed control? Do you know how to test the transmitter to see that it is sending out the signal? Thank you

If your getting thottle and steering at all then the radio is sending signal. Is it the traxxas radio?

Also is it the brushless esc/motor setup?

If your getting thottle and steering at all then the radio is sending signal. Is it the traxxas radio?

Also is it the brushless esc/motor setup?
It is a stock mini e-revo with the stock traxxas radio. I set the radio to default settings and programmed the esc and I have throttle and reverse. However I'm still getting intermittent glitches in the trottle so my problem is not completely gone. There must be a way to test the trottle circuit.

Plug a servo into the throttle channel and test it. If the servo doesn't glitch, then it's your ESC.

Back