Mini Bash session with GoDale03 today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Got a chance to meet up with Tom today, and have a little mini bash session. Went up to the field where my sons practice football and burned a few tanks of nitro. We were the only ones up there and had a good time for sure.

Toms run away was hilarious, the truggy took off wot in to the woods where you could not even see it anymore, then all of a sudden it rockets back out of the woods, across the dirt road in in to the bathroom building. And this is why the truggy now has a return spring, lol.

My Savage ran like a beast, as usual, but I did end up wasting my front center cvd, so had to drive it in 2wd the rest of the day.

Heres a few pics....

misc372.jpg

misc383.jpg

misc367.jpg

misc365.jpg

misc370.jpg

misc371.jpg

misc377.jpg

misc374.jpg

misc373.jpg

misc369.jpg

Hahaha that last picture is cracking my ribs! Lol I was looking over the story/pictures all calm then see this BLAST of typical RCNT member behavior, LMAO! Awesome pictures, who is the spokesman there holding up the Mentos?

Also, are you gents both local or traveled over staes for the body pickup?

Sounds like you guys had fun, wish you would have gotten that run away on video....I would have love to see his face LOL

So awesome ya'll got a chance to meet up. Very cool. The runaway story sounds frickin hilarious! Glad to hear you guys had some fun :) :thumbup:

The mento man is GoDale, lol. The run away was really quite funny, going....going....gone....in the wood..but NO...wait! Here it comes again. hahahaha really was quite funny, and fortunately no damage at all to the truggy.

I'm local, haha, but GoDale had to come up from Maryland.

Shad ap ^^ Lol, thats cool, wish I could bash with someone, only person closest to me is Lloyd over der in Idaho!

Nice to meet you Tom.
I wish I was there for that hilarious run away. :hehe:

Thank you! It was nice to finally get a chance to meet someone that I have known since 2005 and burn some nitro. I am still a nitro noob... since my LHS closed up Nitro is almost non existant so I switched to electric. It was nice to smell nitro in the air again! Or maybe it was the mentos.... I'm not sure. LOL I wold like to thank Joe and his family for a great time and something I would love to do again. My wife travels up here at least a few days a month.

The run away took me completely by surprise! That was the first time I have ever had a truck go WOT. I ran return springs early on... but moved away from them. After today... I will always run a return spring. It is funny now because nothing and more importantly no one was hurt. The truck shot off into the woods.... a few seconds later it flew out of the woods bounced off the bathroom and stopped upside down wot. Joe was like are you going to get that?! I didnt know how to react! I just kinda stood there for a second and then when Joe said you going get that... the light bulb went off! My motor! The truck didn't have a scratch on it, and the motor ran two more tanks without a problem. I have never really bashed the Jammin before, it only saw track time and never had a problem with wot... I do run a failsafe by the way! It just doesn't work when you switch gets turned off... funny thing. We were running in what I think was granite stone and the rocks comming off the tires must have knocked the switch off.... it happened one more time... and the spring worked like a champ!

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Hahaha that last picture is cracking my ribs! Lol I was looking over the story/pictures all calm then see this BLAST of typical RCNT member behavior, LMAO! Awesome pictures, who is the spokesman there holding up the Mentos?

I actually traveled to LI to meet with Joe. I live about 6 hours south in Maryland. I am the nut in the mentos commercial... Joe talked me into it after I mistakenly drank from the nitro bottle thinking it was my water bottle.... that really didn't happen... but it sounded like a funny story!

The truck shot off into the woods.... a few seconds later it flew out of the woods bounced off the bathroom and stopped upside down wot. Joe was like are you going to get that?! I didnt know how to react! I just kinda stood there for a second and then when Joe said you going get that... the light bulb went off! My motor!

I am still laughing thinking about that, you standing there with a look of wtf just happened while your truck is upside down outside the crapper building reving away...So you gonna get that! LMFAO!!!

Sounds like you guys had fun, wish you would have gotten that run away on video....I would have love to see his face LOL

I'm not sure what look was on my face.... but it was somewhere between oh S**t and what the hell am I going to do.... I can't run that fast! and then transitioned to... "well packing it up is going to be easier!" I'm sure Joe thought it was priceless!

Stupid Q but whats WOT? Wide Open Throttle? Okay Stupid Q #2, whats a return spring?

I am still laughing thinking about that, you standing there with a look of wtf just happened while your truck is upside down outside the crapper building reving away...So you gonna get that! LMFAO!!!

It was quite funny..... I am a runaway virgin no longer! Wait.... I think that sounds bad!

Okay I think I have one of those on my Losi XXX NT. Attached from the Rx box to the throttle servo horn, interesting.

Back to the runaway, what makes it so hysterical is knowing that it came BACK OUT of the woods, still out of control. :hehe::hehe:

Stupid Q but whats WOT? Wide Open Throttle? Okay Stupid Q #2, whats a return spring?

Question number one is spot on my friend. WOT= Wide open Throttle
Question number two... a throttle return spring is a spring similar to the header springs that hold your tuned pipe on except smaller. There are several ways to hook them up. I hooked mine to a piece of carbon fiber top plate above my brake linkage and the other end attached to a screw in my throttle servo horn. As soon as the truck looses power, the spring pulls your throttle back to the closed position so that you dont end up with a 8 pound missle head for mass destruction!

Looks like a fun time :thumbup: Maybe someone should organize an RCNT meet and greet :D

Was thinking about that before you posted but didnt want to get off track again, I would seriously try to come for sure.

Back