Man do I feel stupid!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm coming in late here, been moving sites to a dedicated server - but here's a few notes from the edge . . .

One of my tasks is being a programmer, mostly for web apps but I do some windows programming as well. Little did I know in school how big a role math would play in my life - it is EVERTHING. I had to relearn most of it when I got into programming.

Even so, godale I'm with you. Times tables? Why bother, we have calculators!

I too no longer have any of these committed to memory. The real reason here is there are many **many** more important things to carry around in your head than f***ing 8 X 7 and 12 X 13. Even as a programmer, as I got older it became more and more apparent that remembering my wife's birthday or my anniversary carried much higher consequences than carrying an accurate times table in my head.

The important stuff stays in, the trival crap gets shoved out. Don't sweat it, all you need to memorize is a method of calculating if the calculator is out of reach. Fingers work. :D

Well guys... my first Test and I scored a 90... not the 100 I was looking for, but I will take it. Just thought I would give you an update.

Tom

Well guys... my first Test and I scored a 90... not the 100 I was looking for, but I will take it. Just thought I would give you an update.

Tom
Can't have everything......

90 is good, you were worried about math. Don't be kicking yourself. I would be celebrating.
You passed with a pretty good score. Besides that, you have the balls to do it and are sticking with it.

Good luck Bro. I wish ya the best.

Can't have everything......

90 is good, you were worried about math. Don't be kicking yourself. I would be celebrating.
You passed with a pretty good score. Besides that, you have the balls to do it and are sticking with it.

Good luck Bro. I wish ya the best.

thanks bro.... I appreciate the encouragment.. I had another pop quiz last night.... I hate pop quizzes! LOL

Tom

Back