Mamba Max messed up?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphy41

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I plugged in to castle link, to switch to lipo, changed punch control, and drag brake. And now forward throttle is reverse percentage, and brake/reverse is forward, no punch control percentage? ? And its not the reversing on the remote either? Any ideas?

I would plug it back in to the computer and see if you have the latest firmware and then program it again.

You may also have to reprogram the ESC to your transmitter after making the changes.

Not the transmitter. The ESC. Go through the setup procedure between the transmitter and ESC again.

Ok, and update to the newest software as well correct?

I'm way new to electric rc, where can I find how to go through the setup between the ESC and transmitter? I bought this truck used so I'm not sure how to do that?

Look at the programming instructions for the ESC. If you don't have them, go to the Castle Creations site and download them.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I really appreciate the help!

There are no dumb questions.

What about you other guys running the Mamba Max? You ever had a problem like this? And or how you set the Esc? Post up let's here your set ups? Motor/ battery, etc Id like to see other setups

I got home from work plugged in my ESC to Castle Link, and there was my problem........
A drop menu box saying "motor direction"... It said Normal when i plugged it in ? But I reset everything and changed it back and BAM it worked! I feel really dumb now...!