Making bodies testing the waters

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I'm getting sick of having limited body choices for crawlers on road and especially my felony. If I were to start producing out of production bodies which ones would you guys buy? I see the demand for dodge ram bodies overall but what else. I'm looking at finding a few out of production bodies on fleabay or elsewhere and making molds are there any specific ones anyone is looking for but not wanting the high price tag for? Let me know down below

I dont know of any specific bodies that Id be after but if you start making some and any of them strike my fancy for a particular rig I have, Id definitely buy em from ya.

It depends on wheelbase and trackwidth. I'm always getting bodies for projects. Mostly ford then chevy then dodge, but I'm not set on one brand, atleast on this scale.

I tossed the idea but have no heat source.

It depends on wheelbase and trackwidth. I'm always getting bodies for projects. Mostly ford then chevy then dodge, but I'm not set on one brand, atleast on this scale.

I tossed the idea but have no heat source.
I am the same way. Always was a Ford guy, but with RC, I have learned to appreciate the other makes a LOT!

I am the same as Grey. If I see ya making something I like, I'm a customer.

But I tell you what would be cool is if you could modify bodies to fit custom rigs. Like the Toyota pickup hard bodies. If you could fabricate lexan ones with more of a custom crawler look that would be awesome.

Things like the narrowed front clip and bed, larger wheel openings, doors modified for driver/passenger entry, etc. I am sure all of these mods have names, but I don't know what those are. Maybe @Iowa crawler knows.

All that would require either modeling or sculpting skills vs just molding a current design though.

I am the same way. Always was a Ford guy, but with RC, I have learned to appreciate the other makes a LOT!

I am the same as Grey. If I see ya making something I like, I'm a customer.

But I tell you what would be cool is if you could modify bodies to fit custom rigs. Like the Toyota pickup hard bodies. If you could fabricate lexan ones with more of a custom crawler look that would be awesome.

Things like the narrowed front clip and bed, larger wheel openings, doors modified for driver/passenger entry, etc. I am sure all of these mods have names, but I don't know what those are. Maybe @Iowa crawler knows.

All that would require either modeling or sculpting skills vs just molding a current design though.
I could definitely do the narrowing. I've built model cars for almost 20 years before I got into rc. I've built many custom model cars in 1/24 scale

I could definitely do the narrowing. I've built model cars for almost 20 years before I got into rc. I've built many custom model cars in 1/24 scale
I think there would be a market for that kinda stuff, because you can't really mod a lexan body like that and paint on the inside. Hence, why I think a lot of crawlers are hard body. You would solve two problems. Paint that was protected, and tire clearance for wild crawler builds.

I think there would be a market for that kinda stuff, because you can't really mod a lexan body like that and paint on the inside. Hence, why I think a lot of crawlers are hard body. You would solve two problems. Paint that was protected, and tire clearance for wild crawler builds.
I think your right. Might have to scrafice a clodbuster body to make a mold of that one and then work on a ford and dodge
Maybe find an old Nissan or some of the newer trucks as well

It sucks that 1/10 scale is so limited. And they keep it that way by discontinuing bodies. Why? I mean it's not hard to grab the mold off the shelf and whip out a few bodies. Especially lexan ones!

Back