Mah Charger problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grave

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK I got a Losi XXX SCT I got for my Birthday 4/17 I own 3 Nitro powerd rigs T-MAXX / Nitro-4 tec / HPI Bullet MT but wanted something different & wanted @ least 1 Brushless powerd Rig. Onto my Problem

Hear is what I got Friday for the Truck / a FUZE Brushless ESC/Motor Combo
3600 KV Motor & Programable ESC & card can handle up to 3 Cell Lipo's
Venom 7.4 volt 5000 Mah 2 cell hard case Lipo & the Lipo attatchments to hook up to my lipo & charger

My charger is a onyx 230 it does all types of batteries including Lipos & mainly used the charger for my NITRO's TRAXXAS EZ-Start Batt's witch are NIMH's Anyway I have charged the Lipo up like 3 times & every time only got like 1500 -1800 Mah's into the lipo & it's running out quick my Friend down the block got 4 Brushless powerd rigs & said I ant getting near the amount of Mah's I should be getting & said i shouldent be useing my charger " FUNNY the HS guy told me the same thing TOO " & said I should get a Lipo only charger My question did I rune my Lipo & my friend said I should pick up a 3 cell Lipo & said my truck would really be fast on a 3 cell with the motor/esc package " Is he right " I am a Nitro guy LOL Any suggestions on 3 cell lipos I should get & what brand of charger..
Thanks for looking & will value any help :\

Last edited:
I have an Onyx 235 charger that I use at home to charge my 3S Lipos for my Heli's, never had any probem with it at all. How many C's are you charging at?

Barry

I have an Onyx 235 charger that I use at home to charge my 3S Lipos for my Heli's, never had any probem with it at all. How many C's are you charging at?

Barry

wwdragon I am not really shure I have a hard time changing the Mah setting I have even had the directions out I can't seem to get the Mah's increased on the charger I went to my HS today & orderd a lipo ONLY charger for $70.00 the HS guy said its a good charger it will be in on wendsday.. HS dident have any in stock

sounds like you need to change the battery capacity in the menu.
I'm guessing the NiMHs you was charging are 1500-1800mah.
if you don't have manual clicky me
It would maybe be easier with the charger in front of you because the instructions seem complicated to me.

UPDATE : Picked up a Traxxas EZ Peak Charger I really like the charger & deff seen a differance when I charged up my Lipo's VERY BIG differance & got full charges & easy to choose different modes I really like the Traxxas EZ peak charger well worth the $100.00

Back