losi xxl looking for some help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasong83

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i was wondering if i could get alittle help with my losi xxl i finally got it all put back together got it to run but when i try to drive it it tries to go but wont grib under load but will work just fine when not under load ? if i need to i can post a video of what it is doing if needed.

Define "back together". What state was it in previously? It almost sounds like a clutch that's slipping or a missing pin on two parts that mate tight but not tight enough under load. Is it making any funny gear sounds?

i was wondering if i could get alittle help with my losi xxl i finally got it all put back together got it to run but when i try to drive it it tries to go but wont grib under load but will work just fine when not under load ? if i need to i can post a video of what it is doing if needed.
Is yours electric or nitro? If it is electric, check the slipper settings. Also, if the slipper pads and plates arent new, after sitting awhile, they will slip even if it is all the way tightened. If its not that, check to make sure you didnt break a dogbone (they used to have a habit of snapping the pin at the transmission end), or the pin behind the hex. If those are fine, next, check the pins and washers in the diff.

Define "back together". What state was it in previously? It almost sounds like a clutch that's slipping or a missing pin on two parts that mate tight but not tight enough under load. Is it making any funny gear sounds?
when i hit the gas it starts to move then just like a screaming whinning noise spur gears are spinning and clutch bell nothing crunching or anything like that i jusy had to put take motor apart and clean everything thats what i meant back putting it back together. i will try and upload a video its raining where I'm at today.
Is yours electric or nitro? If it is electric, check the slipper settings. Also, if the slipper pads and plates arent new, after sitting awhile, they will slip even if it is all the way tightened. If its not that, check to make sure you didnt break a dogbone (they used to have a habit of snapping the pin at the transmission end), or the pin behind the hex. If those are fine, next, check the pins and washers in the diff.
ok think you ill check into those I'm trying to find a hobby shop around me that would work on it phil out here in fort wayne seems to not deal in nitro truckd much anymore. miss the old days where everybody was running nitro