Losi Mini-B + Dynamite 6500kv ESC issues?!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRX1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I'm wracking my brain. I replaced the motor plate with the hot racing one. Then re-installed everything. Now when I drive there seems to be a 100% brake applied. The takeoff hesitates (like it's fighting a brake at low speed) and any time I let off the gas, it locks up and spins out. It should coast when you let off, not lock up like there's 100% brake applied. The default drag brake is like 10% so that shouldn't cause it lock up, just slow it down as it coasts.

I reset the esc/motor, reset my radio....still doing it. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

did you mess up the dual rate switch or the trim?

its called cogging.. try a 1 or 2 tooth smaller pinion that should help.

UPDATE: I figured it out. I installed the Hot Racing adjustable motor plate. It fit perfectly, same thickness....but for some reason it causes the slipper and shaft to bind in some place. So the friction is the extra "brake". I re-installed the original plate and it drives like the devil now!

Not sure if the Hot Racing plate can be fixed or not. I wonder if I bored out the shaft hole a bit more if that would fix it. It could be the thickness is just a fraction thicker so that's not fixable. But they seem to be the same friggin thickness.

Back