Losi Lst1 tuning problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LST21

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my losi lst1 runs near 300f degrees, I am struglling to get it to be at ideal temps between 220 to 270, can it be that my lsn is to lean that can also increase my temps or is it only the hsn that must be richened, help me out please.:D

Someone please (and I am sure you will) correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the LSN will only affect your idle. As long as the engine is not screaming at idle it isn't set too far in. Just adjust it untill it will idle without dying. As for your temp--having the HSN leaned out too much will make your engine hotter than usual. 300 degrees is too hot in my opinion so try to fatten up the HSN by turning it counterclockwise one hour (think about the hours on an analog clock face) or 1/16th to 1/8th of a turn until it starts to bogg down. From there you can turn it back in slightly until you are making some power. Look for a little blue smoke coming out of the exhaust when you hit the throttle. No smoke too lean--too much smoke and raw fuel coming out the stinger its too rich. Please let me know if this helps.:D

Last edited:
what is the nitro perccentage you using. Also let me know which glow plug you are using.

The LSN is to adjust the take off up to half throttle. If it's set too lean, the engine will run too hot, no matter what you do to the HSN. Any adjustment to the LSN will probably require an adjustment to the idle screw as well.