Losi LST XXL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladef117

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was working on my lst xxl the other day and noticed that the rear tires are pitched in at the front. is there a way to fix this and get them running square? Also I noticed that my aux servo (reverse) has it's servo saver pulled way out when in forward. is there a how do I go about adjusting it so it's not pushing so hard? I've got the Spektrum DX3S that came with the truck.

Thanks Blade

You have turnbuckles that go from your steering bell crank to your steering knuckles, adjust them to move your tire in/out.

And as far as the servo, no, it's going to be like either way, if you adjust it, it will just do it when it's in reverse. Really no point.

Can you post some pics of the new XXL? I've been wanting to see one but haven't found any good pictures of ones with bodies off and everything.

Rear alignment

What do I do about the rear alignment? the rear wheels are pitched in at the front of the tires almost 1/4".

Sure I can post some pics. I just need to get the it cleaned up a little ran it yesterday through some mud. lol

blade

Thats toe in. You want to run 1 or 2 degrees toe in in the rear(never toe out) and 0-3 degrees toe out in front(sometimes toe in) A good place to start 2 degrees toe inrear and 1 degree toe out front. I am assuming the rear is ajustable on the Losi XXL.

I don't think you can adjust your rear wheel toe in. There may be replacement axle carrier blocks (LOSB2106) that are different degrees, but I couldn't say for sure. That would be the only way to adjust it. I couldn't find any by searching at horizon. At least none that are made by losi.

I run an aftershock that has turnbuckles on the front and rear.

The LST XXL has the same Hub carriers as the LST2 and therefore doesn't have rear turnbuckles. The Toe in is what Losi decided would be best for the truck in a racing condition. It gives it the best grip possible. Just leave it how it is and you should be fine.

Servo question

You have turnbuckles that go from your steering bell crank to your steering knuckles, adjust them to move your tire in/out.

And as far as the servo, no, it's going to be like either way, if you adjust it, it will just do it when it's in reverse. Really no point.

Can you post some pics of the new XXL? I've been wanting to see one but haven't found any good pictures of ones with bodies off and everything.

If the servo saver is working doesn't that mean that the servo is still working and drawing power from my rx pak? And since I'm in forward more than reverse, wouldn't it make my rx pak last longer?

On a lighter note, pic's of a ran lst xxl coming soon!!!:D

blade

It may help, but it may make it throw it out of gear on you when you don't expect it. You would be better off ditching reverse and getting an FOC. Then you don't need the 4th servo.

The aux servo saver needs to be a little taught when holding the transmission in reverse of forward, but only a little. You can adjust it by going down to the travel menu on the transmitter, choose AUX and adjust travel with the thumb wheel i both directions(thumb wheel adjusts any direction you have engaged).

I already burned out my reverse servo in mine, FOC will be installed soon. And the other 270 servo will hit the bin.

If the servo saver is working doesn't that mean that the servo is still working and drawing power from my rx pak? And since I'm in forward more than reverse, wouldn't it make my rx pak last longer?

On a lighter note, pic's of a ran lst xxl coming soon!!!:D

blade

can't wait to see the pics

Back