Losi Lst build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did finally get the adapter kit I think I found the last one on the planet in Australia,but like everyone else is saying use the 17mm hexes and get some new wheel/tire combo(less headaches)😂

I ordered a set of the Losi 17mm Hex Adapters after seeing Greywolf74's message. Here is a picture of my LST1 after I tore everything off of it that was damaged. I replaced all of the parts from the chassis out to the wheels in both front and rear with LST2 parts to rebuild it. The front end is done other than those 17mm hex adapters and the wheels/tires. I'm waiting for the LST2 carriers and spindles for the rear end which should be here next Tuesday. I already have everything ready to go for the rear end once those get here. Today I also ordered four of these which match the size of the original tires that were on the LST1.

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/trencher-hp-3.8-all-terrain-belted-tires-mounted.asp

They're expensive although they should last a long time. I'm excited to finally get this thing rebuilt and running again. It has been sitting in storage for ten years now after it was mangled from crashing it into a fence post 10 years ago. I agree with you and wanted to use the LST2 suspension arms and drive train because they're bigger than the original stuff.

1621044354919.png
1621049287854.png

1621045797206.png

1621045839558.png

Last edited:
Here is another Nitro truck that I bought back in 2006. It's a Schumacher Menace 21 1/10th scale big block 4WD truck. It has a belt drive drivetrain and a 3 speed tranny in it. This thing was able to do 70 mph out of the box and is fun to drive. This too has been sitting in storage for the last 10 years because something had gone wrong with it and I had it in pieces. I started putting it back together and discovered that it was only missing the brake link which I've gotten and installed on it now.

1621047918330.png

1621047946312.png

I ordered a set of the Losi 17mm Hex Adapters after seeing Greywolf74's message. Here is a picture of my LST1 after I tore everything off of it that was damaged. I replaced all of the parts from the chassis out to the wheels in both front and rear with LST2 parts to rebuild it. The front end is done other than those 17mm hex adapters and the wheels/tires. I'm waiting for the LST2 carriers and spindles for the rear end which should be here next Tuesday. I already have everything ready to go for the rear end once those get here. Today I also ordered four of these which match the size of the original tires that were on the LST1.

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/trencher-hp-3.8-all-terrain-belted-tires-mounted.asp

They're expensive although they should last a long time. I'm excited to finally get this thing rebuilt and running again. It has been sitting in storage for ten years now after it was mangled from crashing it into a fence post 10 years ago. I agree with you and wanted to use the LST2 suspension arms and drive train because they're bigger than the original stuff.

View attachment 127142View attachment 127149

View attachment 127143

View attachment 127144

View attachment 127142View attachment 127149

View attachment 127143

View attachment 127144
8B21E01D-BE97-4C34-BE1D-79B925189593.jpeg

Pretty much what happened to my Aftershock on Thanksgiving (let a buddy mine try it out and he hit the only 4x4 post on my 2.5 acre yard😂). The Lst platform is very durable except against stationary posts. I had so much fun rebuilding it,I’m working on my 3rd.

View attachment 127164
Pretty much what happened to my Aftershock on Thanksgiving (let a buddy mine try it out and he hit the only 4x4 post on my 2.5 acre yard😂). The Lst platform is very durable except against stationary posts. I had so much fun rebuilding it,I’m working on my 3rd.
F87D99B0-300B-4C4E-A3FD-80955EE2719B.jpeg

My two Lst platforms that I have finished, upgraded to Lst2 control arms and axles,the Mega Baja has the 14mm adapter kit,and LRP .32 Spec4,the Aftershock has Axial bead locks with Big Joe tires and a Mach 427.

Thank you for the reply and I really appreciate it. Do you know if the Losi 17mm hex adapter fits the 8mm axles? 17mm seems to be most of what I can find for an 1/8th scale truck.
IDK what size the LST2 axels are but the 17mm hex adapters Were made for the LST2 and the XXL lines so as long as you're using LST2 axels then yes they will work.

I love Trenchers. One of my favorite tires proline makes!

I'll give yall a heads up about LST2s and XXLs. Theres 3 hop ups that are a must have on these kits if you can find em. RPM front arms w/ lunsford links, Titanium Tie rods (I used Lunsford but any titanium ones will do), and Aluminum knuckles for the front. If you can find it shock towers are nice too but the stock ones arent to bad. The first three though were things I kept breaking over and over again tho. Good luck finding that stuff these days though. I'm pretty sure Asia Tees has titanium tie rods and rpm arms but most everything else is out of stock. Hot Racing is another place you can check.

Word of warning though. Some sites list LST2 knuckles but they are really LST1 knuckles. below are pics of what the two look like just in case you find any floating around out there.

Capture.JPG

pic_large.php.jpg

View attachment 127140View attachment 127141
Got some parts in finally, was able to get a little more done, got the new 2speed hi/low gear hubs with new spur gears and a little bigger engine.
1E80EC02-BFEA-44B5-BAFD-FCF048BED0E4.jpeg

Got my Lst2 body today. Almost done. Still debating on the wheel/tire combo,leaning toward the factory Lst2 white dish wheels/420 Atx tires or the Dynamite SpeedTreads Neutralizors. Any thoughts?

View attachment 127678
Got my Lst2 body today. Almost done. Still debating on the wheel/tire combo,leaning toward the factory Lst2 white dish wheels/420 Atx tires or the Dynamite SpeedTreads Neutralizors. Any thoughts?
looking great! man those bodies are getting super hard to find nowadays, good pick!
the neutralizers look like they would be great for street, but looks like they will slip considerably on anything off road, the ATX seem to have at least some lugs on them to be able to grab off road.
my thoughts anyways.

looking great! man those bodies are getting super hard to find nowadays, good pick!
the neutralizers look like they would be great for street, but looks like they will slip considerably on anything off road, the ATX seem to have at least some lugs on them to be able to grab off road.
my thoughts anyways.
Forgot, I had bought one and a genesis body a looooong time ago when I had my aftershock. Never used either and forgot about them when I sold the truck. lol
2021-0602-BodiesGenesisLST2-front.jpg

2021-0602-BodiesGenesisLST2-side.jpg

Forgot, I had bought one and a genesis body a looooong time ago when I had my aftershock. Never used either and forgot about them when I sold the truck. lol
2021-0602-BodiesGenesisLST2-front.jpg

2021-0602-BodiesGenesisLST2-side.jpg
oh man that LST2 body! that is beautiful! been looking off and on for awhile on ebay past few months for one, pretty slim pickings on there for one that isnt really beat up. its funny they are selling for more used than they ever were brand new, and sometimes double especially the red one. that Cen body is pretty awesome as well, fit pretty well on the aftershock? sucks the lack of bodies for the older trucks.

my thoughts anyways.
Thanks, those body’s are really hard to find(not bashed and bruised anyway) i found this on eBay the guy never used.(paid almost as much as I did for the truck) if anything I want to put the first bruise on it😂. That’s what I was thinking about the Neutralizors myself, but then again a little slippage might be good with the 454,I’ve got the Big Joes on my Aftershock with the Mach 427 and it’s hard to keep the front wheels planted on the ground.

I ran a Tamiya TNX body on my aftershock after destroying the original (07/22/2007):
2007-0722-Aftershock-TamiyaTNXBody-BashWithBrantStill.JPG

Later (09/20/2008) a MGT body, which is what I sold it with 3 years later:
2008-0920-MGTBodyRightSide.jpg

I never ran a CEN body on it. But considering it's size and comparison to the LST2 body, I don't see why it wouldn't fit well. It's what I bought it for. Would need to make new body mount holes like I did with the TNX and MGT bodies.

I'd bid low on ebay and if I won, then I didn't pay a lot. If not, I'd just bid on another. I did pay a bit for the LST2 body though.

Hit me up if your interested in them as I have no use for them. I'll have to check ebay to see what's fair.

I ran a Tamiya TNX body on my aftershock after destroying the original (07/22/2007):
2007-0722-Aftershock-TamiyaTNXBody-BashWithBrantStill.JPG

Later (09/20/2008) a MGT body, which is what I sold it with 3 years later:
2008-0920-MGTBodyRightSide.jpg

I never ran a CEN body on it. But considering it's size and comparison to the LST2 body, I don't see why it wouldn't fit well. It's what I bought it for. Would need to make new body mount holes like I did with the TNX and MGT bodies.

I'd bid low on ebay and if I won, then I didn't pay a lot. If not, I'd just bid on another. I did pay a bit for the LST2 body though.

Hit me up if your interested in them as I have no use for them. I'll have to check ebay to see what's fair.
I might be interested, let me know what you come up with (price wise). Btw.. what roll bar setup did you have on it? That looked good👍

I might be interested, let me know what you come up with (price wise). Btw.. what roll bar setup did you have on it? That looked good👍
I wanted something to protect the rear tower/engine and to keep the body from collapsing when I landed on the roof. It was just 3/8" steel bar.
2007-0411-AftershockRollBar005.jpg

2007-0411-AftershockRollBarMountsFront01.jpg

2007-0411-AftershockRollBarMountsRear02.jpg

Added a bit of rubber to it at some point to soften it and spread the load a bit where it touched the body:
2011-0129-AftershockExhaustSide02.jpg

Something I could make with a hacksaw, drill, vice and propane torch.

I wanted something to protect the rear tower/engine and to keep the body from collapsing when I landed on the roof. It was just 3/8" steel bar.
2007-0411-AftershockRollBar005.jpg

2007-0411-AftershockRollBarMountsFront01.jpg

2007-0411-AftershockRollBarMountsRear02.jpg

Added a bit of rubber to it at some point to soften it and spread the load a bit where it touched the body:
2011-0129-AftershockExhaustSide02.jpg

Something I could make with a hacksaw, drill, vice and propane torch.
That’s really great craftsmanship work..manufactured stuff nowadays looks so cheesy. I see you had the LRP .28R spec 3? How did you like it? I have the LRP.32 spec 4 in my Mega Baja( haven’t fired it up yet)

That’s really great craftsmanship work..manufactured stuff nowadays looks so cheesy. I see you had the LRP .28R spec 3? How did you like it? I have the LRP.32 spec 4 in my Mega Baja( haven’t fired it up yet)
I've had 4 of them. They seemed to like a bit more restrictive of a pipe than the LRP30S2 I had. With a free flowing pipe like the HPI polished for the savage, they had a really muddy midrange. When I had it on my aftershock, I used an LST2 Losi HT pipe and it ran great on that with 25%. I ended up getting a second LST2 HT pipe for my savage, dremeled it down a bit where the header gasket went so I could use the coupler on it and that one ran a lot better. I also run one in my big block revo. I ran it for a long time with a side pipe, which I used an LST2 HT pipe on it as well, but ended up going with a THS BB pipe in the rear.

I had issues with the one on my savage. I'm 99% sure the issue was the stupid fuel tank seals leaking air. I replaced it with the 30S2 and had similar issues, then I noticed the tank was all wet... I ran OFNA buggy tanks on it to avoid the HTL issue. Once I had that sorted out, it still tuned weird, then I replaced the pipe with the HPI polished pipe and it woke up.

So, odds are with the 32, you will need a decently open pipe. Then again... after 20 yrs of nitro, tuning still was problematic for me at times. lol!

That’s one thing I was concerned about ( the pipe) right now I’ve got the losb5058 pipe on it. I’ve got the Ht pipe on my Mach427 and love it. Thanks I appreciate the insight👍