losi High roller

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yammaha

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi i have been looking at a losi high roller. I would like to hear the good and bad about this truck. Is it fast? if its not at least it looks cool. Thanks

Fast and handles decently for a rtr, however the axles are very weak. When the axles bend the bearing in the hub carrier will go as well.

Get a Traxxas Stampede if you're in the market for a 2wd electric monster truck. Great parts support and very durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt you bend your axles by hitting a speed bump Sweetdiesel? Thats too weak in my opinion, would take alot of the fun out very fast.

Yeah the Highroller and Strike are not the best of Losi.

Good thing is those are about the only two cars in the entire lineup that are bad.

Didnt you bend your axles by hitting a speed bump Sweetdiesel? Thats too weak in my opinion, would take alot of the fun out very fast.

Yes just hitting the speedbump at even low to medium speeds would bend the axles.

After going thru 2 packs of axles I said screw it and sold the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i already got a stampede and it sucks. what is a good truck that is electric and 2wd or a nitro kit 1/10th scale for under 200. thanks

What sucks about your stampede? Mine takes a beating. Parts are cheap. For under $200 your not going to find much.

i already got a stampede and it sucks. what is a good truck that is electric and 2wd or a nitro kit 1/10th scale for under 200. thanks

Bergoff is right, for under $200 you won't find much. I have a Stampede and love, for the same reasons he mentioned. If it's the fact you have the XL5 Pede, and it's just too slow, spend that money on a VXL power system and some lipos. If you already have a VXL and lipos, I have no idea how it sucks, cause I love mine. Even stock it was tough, and tons of fun.

What's in your pede? You can stretch it I did a post about it. It will make it 1/8th scale and handle way better for only 5 bucks. Hpiguy is right vxl and lipo rocks if you have an xl5 just upgrade the trans to all metal gears and it will be fine. That's what I did to mine.

Ya I got the xl5 one. I dug out an old walmart specials and it smoked my stampede

Then your motor's shot or the batteries are weak. My 15 year old stampede with the xl5/12t titian hit 48mph geared 25-87 with a 4200 8 cell Tenergy pack. I used to hit 4ft tall ramps, get about 45-50ft distance and flat bottom land it all day long. Stock.:) What kind of battery are you running?

I got a venom 2400 battery.

The battery I have is a venom 2400. Its brand new.

How many turn motor do you have? If its a 21 turn it will be slower.

I would pick up a Titan 12t and a steel idler, and diff set on eBay. You might get away with your stock trans but its a cheap upgrade. If the motor says stinger I think it a 21t it will make a big difference with a 12t. You shouldn't get out run by a Walmart rc. ;)

Back