Which one would hold up to 12s brushless or big bore gas engine Losi 5T 2.0 or 30DN DTT-7 V2?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJSRCLIFE

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi everyone, How's your weekend going? I have a question for everyone on this forum which 5th scale short course truck could hold up to 12s HW Max 4\560KV power or Big bore 45 - 55cc gas engine power. The Losi 5ive-T 2.0 or the 30 Degree North DTT-7 (Losi 5ive-T clone) V2? I want to know before settling on what truck to buy in the next few years as whichever one i buy i'll be stuck with.

No idea, but curious enough to check in.
Thanks for the comment, Right now i'm not sure if Losi has discontinued the 5ive-T 2.0 and they plan to come out with a 3.0 like i hope they will or if they replace it with the DBXL which to me is a weak POS compared to the 5ive or they're just out of stock at the moment.

Hi everyone, How's your weekend going? I have a question for everyone on this forum which 5th scale short course truck could hold up to 12s HW Max 4\560KV power or Big bore 45 - 55cc gas engine power. The Losi 5ive-T 2.0 or the 30 Degree North DTT-7 (Losi 5ive-T clone) V2? I want to know before settling on what truck to buy in the next few years as whichever one i buy i'll be stuck with.

Most people that get into that bigger B-block power has to upgrade the entire running gear & gears with
aftermarket parts such as Phat Daddy ,Black bone with aluminum diff housings ,tires & wheels that can
handle some serious torque ,so you could be looking at 3 to 6 G's in upgrades!

With that being said ,I myself stay mostly stock to enjoy the hobby on a budget!..:cool:

Good luck & have fun!..:thumbs-up:

Most people that get into that bigger B-block power has to upgrade the entire running gear & gears with
aftermarket parts such as Phat Daddy ,Black bone with aluminum diff housings ,tires & wheels that can
handle some serious torque ,so you could be looking at 3 to 6 G's in upgrades!

With that being said ,I myself stay mostly stock to enjoy the hobby on a budget!..:cool:

Good luck & have fun!..:thumbs-up:
I know if you go crazy these can be some expensive rigs, but i plan to stay with small block gas engines to start with and if i want more power i'll convert it to a 12s Hobbywing brushless system like a Max 5 G2\650KV or Max 4\560KV since the big gas engines are insanely expensive and way out of my price range.

I know if you go crazy these can be some expensive rigs, but i plan to stay with small block gas engines to start with and if i want more power i'll convert it to a 12s Hobbywing brushless system like a Max 5 G2\650KV or Max 4\560KV since the big gas engines are insanely expensive and way out of my price range.

I know a couple people that mess with the 1/5 scale E stuff ,that is quite huge as well ,motors as big
as a soda can ,not sure if anyone here messes with that size or not!

I watch Kpop rc stuff sometimes ,might want to check out his stuff on Y-tube!.. :cool:

I know a couple people that mess with the 1/5 scale E stuff ,that is quite huge as well ,motors as big
as a soda can ,not sure if anyone here messes with that size or not!

I watch Kpop rc stuff sometimes ,might want to check out his stuff on Y-tube!.. :cool:
I saw a video on Y-Tube of a hobby shop who put a Max 4\560KV with x2 6.8k Mah GA batteries and Spektrum radio system it ran awesome and they radared it at 56mph with stock spur and 23 Tooth pinion.

Here ,Kpop visits a Cardinal hobby shop ,so you may can gain some info from them!

I've visited Cardinal racing's site a few times but most of what i would want is the MCD SCT or Buggy but there out of my price range and i heard they only do store pickup which is a big no no for me as i live in OKC. Cool store nonetheless.

I've visited Cardinal racing's site a few times but most of what i would want is the MCD SCT or Buggy but there out of my price range and i heard they only do store pickup which is a big no no for me as i live in OKC. Cool store nonetheless.

Have you checked Rovan or Fearless RC ? I dont mess with the E side an not sure what they have
if any ,but I did purchase a 5th scale SC 450 from them a year ago!..🤔

Have you checked Rovan or Fearless RC ? I dont mess with the E side an not sure what they have
if any ,but I did purchase a 5th scale SC 450 from them a year ago!..🤔
I have been to Fearless RC many times cause i want a 30 North DTT-7 V2 29cc RTR or Roller Losi 5ive-T clone and the Rovan 36cc HPI Baja 5T Clone currently they have some clones of Losi, HPI vehicles, An MCD clone and they sell Primal RC vehicles like the Dragster and the many versions of the Raminator platform.

I have been to Fearless RC many times cause i want a 30 North DTT-7 V2 29cc RTR or Roller Losi 5ive-T clone and the Rovan 36cc HPI Baja 5T Clone currently they have some clones of Losi, HPI vehicles, An MCD clone and they sell Primal RC vehicles like the Dragster and the many versions of the Raminator platform.

Yea the only thing that I see in the electrics that are a reasonable price for that scale is Hobby Wing an
I am not sure who does the conversion mounts for them ,that is why I suggested Kpop for info ,I am actually
a member on his Discord but I can't invite ,you might can ask ?'s on his Y-tube channel!

Looking at 5th scale E products ,that stuff is quite expensive!.. 🤔

Neither is going to handle 12s for long without some upgrades. Best thing to do is pick the truck you like best. Each has its advantages. The 30 degree north is a clone of the 1.0 5T, but with a better chassis. I don’t think Losi is dropping the 2.0 yet. It maybe a while before we see a 3.0 5T. I would go with the 30°N roller personally. I have been looking into both trucks for quite a while to drop Max 5 esc and 800kv combo. I'm choosing the 30° just because it comes as a roller option, and I like the body better. It will allow clearance for large tires which is my plan to have a SC/Monster truck even for big air bashing.
Any electric conversion kit for the 5t will fit both trucks. Several companies make them.

Neither is going to handle 12s for long without some upgrades. Best thing to do is pick the truck you like best. Each has its advantages. The 30 degree north is a clone of the 1.0 5T, but with a better chassis. I don’t think Losi is dropping the 2.0 yet. It maybe a while before we see a 3.0 5T. I would go with the 30°N roller personally. I have been looking into both trucks for quite a while to drop Max 5 esc and 800kv combo. I'm choosing the 30° just because it comes as a roller option, and I like the body better. It will allow clearance for large tires which is my plan to have a SC/Monster truck even for big air bashing.
Any electric conversion kit for the 5t will fit both trucks. Several companies make them.
Thanks for the info i only liked the Losi since i was going to give the gas motor a chance and i liked the body it had and the support from Horizon. but i might get the 30 North V2 since it has the 7075 chassis and a few other things that come standard i like more. and it also has an option for a rolling chassis and Fearless has bundle package you could get to build your own truck right from the start.

what did you end up going with?

I run the max 4 combo with the 560kv motor and it’s perfect. Lots of crazy torque and no issues with overheating.

Few suggestions would be to get QS8 anti spark plugs and use mechanical brakes. With the weight of the rig, the motor will use too much power to slow down and you’ll notice a shorter run time without mechanical brakes.

what did you end up going with?

I run the max 4 combo with the 560kv motor and it’s perfect. Lots of crazy torque and no issues with overheating.

Few suggestions would be to get QS8 anti spark plugs and use mechanical brakes. With the weight of the rig, the motor will use too much power to slow down and you’ll notice a shorter run time without mechanical brakes.
I haven't thought of the 5ive-T and it's clones recently since i'm a little unsure if i want to get into a 5ive-T or 5ive compatible truck\rig since they're so expensive and i'm not sure if i would have a great place to run a super loud gas powered RC or have the space to store it. but i still want the real 5ive-T the 2.0 version someday since i love the look of the body and i hear the quality of the Losi is better than the 30dn but also the Losi's seem to be out of stock or on back order everywhere. If i was to do one and go electric with it i would definitely do QS8 connectors but i would do the Perfect Pass ones and mechanical braking would definitely be on the list. Thanks for checking on this thread it may have reinspired me to do a 5ive-T someday.

Back