Losi 1972 C-10 1/10th scale Drift Truck Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCBasher13

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey so I have a 1/10 scale C-10 Drift Truck from Losi and lately it has been having problems with the motor. When I turn on the truck it works fine but after like a couple of seconds throttling it just cuts out the motor, I am still able to steer but I can't throttle at all, but after like 10 seconds more or less it allows me to throttle again but only for like a couple seconds again. I was thinking that maybe it could be water damage or the battery, but I tested the battery, and it was good, also I use LiPo batteries so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But if anybody knows what could be causing the problem, please let me know. Also I use the stock electronics, Dynamite 15-Turn Brushed Motor and the Horizon Losi V100 45A 2-in-1 ESC/Receiver.

Hey so I have a 1/10 scale C-10 Drift Truck from Losi and lately it has been having problems with the motor. When I turn on the truck it works fine but after like a couple of seconds throttling it just cuts out the motor, I am still able to steer but I can't throttle at all, but after like 10 seconds more or less it allows me to throttle again but only for like a couple seconds again. I was thinking that maybe it could be water damage or the battery, but I tested the battery, and it was good, also I use LiPo batteries so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But if anybody knows what could be causing the problem, please let me know. Also I use the stock electronics, Dynamite 15-Turn Brushed Motor and the Horizon Losi V100 45A 2-in-1 ESC/Receiver.
Failing ESC? Have you used a lipo the whole time you had it? Is it new, or have you had it awhile. If its new, or you just started using lipo's, it could be that the ESC is in NIMH mode. There should be a jumper to set it to lipo mode. If you have had it long enough, more than likely the ESC is failing. If it is the original 2-in-1 Dynamite ESC, its probably time for an upgrade anyway. It could also be the motor running hot, and causing the ESC to cut out, which means the motor is getting ready to die.

I have had it long enough and have been using LiPo for the whole time, so you're probably right either the motor or the ESC is dying, thank you so much for the help dude.

Are there any LEDs flashing on the ESC when its not allowing you to apply throttle?