Losi 8ight T unbinding

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVNed

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I ran the first tank without issue. On the second it started unbinding every time the engine started. You have to cycle the power on the car to get it to rebind. I tried another tx/rx( same servos) and it did the same thing. I know other people have had this problem. Anyone know of a solution?

I wish I had an answer for you but I haven't had that problem. What version 8ight is it and what Hump pack are you using? Also what RX/RX have you tried on it? Just wondering.

8ight T with the Dynamite 31. It uses a lipo pack. It has failed with the Spektrum system it came with and the Turigy I use with my Savage x.

Failsafe fail. It goes to full left and full throttle when it unbinds.

E

I know thisome isn't "helpful" but by chance... it goes full throttle and full left... is that the same direction on the servos? Like both clockwise? Thinking out loud here, but if that's the case, I'd look at the battery. Only thing I can think of that didn't change.

Unusual problem. Obviously, it's an electrical issue. Either a dead short or a bad connection. I'd start by checking all the wires and connections from the battery pack to the receiver. If all of that checks out, replace the receiver.
That would tell you where the problem is without dropping a lot of money. If the new receiver does the same thing, you will have a spare receiver and know that the problem is in the transmitter.

====================================================================
EDIT:
I'm starting to lean towards a transmitter issue. Normally, if power is lost the servos will just stop but the fact that they go full in one direction tells me they are being told to do that by the radio.

It works fine until you start the gas engine. Did the same thing with 2 different Tx/Rx sets. The servos seem to be going into failsafe which must be set wrong. I reversed the throttle channel on my Turnigy set and it went to full brake. It seems to be losing link. The Turnigy worked in the Octane but chattered a lot.
I may try powering the ignition with a separate battery. Right now it is plugged into an aux port on the receiver. I noticed it has all 3 wires in the plug too.

Mystery may be solved. After 1 tank the battery was discharged. It is a 1300mAh and it took 1280 from the charger. When the ignition kicked in it maybe it pulled the voltage too low..Not good if you can only run 1 tank.
It's snowing again here so no testing today. I still may look at putting a scond battery or bigger battery in somewhere.

Or not. I tried a 2000mAh battery and it ran a half tank and started glitching again.
So
Heart transplant in progress
IMG_6228.gif

IMG_6230.gif

I am going with the Losi flywheel and clutch on a LRP zr.32. The 4.6 is going back into the savage x for now.

Success. It runs fine.
IMG_6231.gif

Do I need to worry about the fuel tank cap and fuel lines being used with nitro instead of gas?

I'm not sure but I did read in another forum that you do have to change the lines to convert from nitro to gas

Gasoline is more .... caustic?.... than nitro. It'll eat the rubber tubing. In theory. The stuff I use on my bike looks very similar to the stuff you get at the hobby shops but it's slightly less flexible.

As inexpensive as it is, I'd probably replace the lines. If it's not an option clean it out with carb cleaner, brake cleaner, something like that.

I have run it twice. I will see if anything strarts softening

It may likely make the lines brittle/crack on you. If you have some spare silicone fuel tubing around, probably best to just change it before you end up with a mess on your hands.

Any way to put two batteries on it? One for the ignition system and one for the receiver?

After everything I went threw with the octane I just wanted this to run. Now it does, The Dynamite started right up and ran well. If someone ever figures it out I will put it back in.

I don't know much about those little gas engines. I wonder if you have a short in the ignition somewhere.

I ordered a tank. While the lines would be easy to replace the cap has a large rubber seal in it. I had to shim the engine up a bit because of the rotostart backplate. I have a racing backplate coming and will move the rotostart one to the savage.

Back