losi 1/36th scale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpc

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was looking to purchase one of Losi's 1/36th scale trucks for a young neighbor of mine for xmas. How are they? do they hold up well for what they are? Thanks

I have a Micro desert truck. Its pretty fun and fast for its size. Great fun indoors. I havent broken anything yet but i have been careful. There are a few items people say are "must do's" but i havent done any. Run time on the stock battery is rather short when driving hard but you can stretch it to about 8-9 min if you try real hard.

They hold up real well when stock. The only thing extra I would recommend is an AC chargerfor the included pack.

Great thanks for the help. I am getting 2 so we can race around the house. His parents will love me lol.

Yeah a charger is next on the list. Maybe a Lipo to go with it.

The lipo/charger was the first upgrade I did. Next came the threaded hubs, then the bearings and then the brushless conversion. It just kind of snowballed. I have a Micro D/T that most of the local racers fear to drive because it is insanely fast and waaayyyy overpowered (just how we like them).

Ok i take back my first statement of not ding anything because i did do the bearings. I guess i should have said i didnt do any of the "must do" for things a break like a-arms and such. I dont plan on doing the brushless in mine but with the lipo should i regear?

You might want to go with the smallest pinion that comes with the truck. Other than that, I haven't done any gearing changes on my brushless set up. The stock battery is very tame, but on the lipo the little beast woke up.

Sound like they are a blast. I might need to get one for myself also. Boy this hobby is addicting. lol

Yep these critters are a lot of fun on tile or wood. The carpet slows them down quite a bit.

I found mine on ebay for half the cost of new and it was perfect. not a single scratch on the thing and still had the original AA batteries with it. They are a lot of fun when you can't get outside to bash. I next step is making a few little jumps for inside.

I ran the truck on xmas, it is a blast. I might have to get one for myself.

Back