Losi 1/14 Mini 8ight on 2s...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo_racer87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I picked up a losi mini 8ight from my lhs, connected it with my spectrum DX3s, it was alright, kinda slow for my taste, waited a week and went and picked up 2 2s lipo's, venom 2000 20c, installed some deans connectors on the rig and battery's, holy cow! Huge difference! Thing is incredibly fast for its size. Taking it to a local track for the first time this weekend, should be interesting since i have never raced an rc on a track before!

I thought the same thing when running mine on the stock battery. Switched out the nimh for a 2s lipo and was much more pleased. I love my mini 8ight, they are durable as hell!

The only thing i've had happen is the grub screw in the front drive shaft back out and the front driveshaft hub slipped on the front pinion. Nothing a little lock tight couldn't fix! I am glad to see RPM started making parts for it. These little rcs won't be going anywhere anytime soon!

Back