Looking to get a RedCat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received a RedCat Shredder today, and I'm a little disappointed. Guess I'm Arrma spoiled! I thought for the price $359, it might be fun to tinker with. But it just feels, uh, cheap. No other words to explain it. Nice BIG chassis. LOT'S of room. VERY light for it's size. First thing I broke was a stripped out steering servo arm, plastic. I thought it was the servo at first, but just the arm. I went ahead and put a better servo, and metal arm in it. Lost a wheel nut, my fault, as I didn't check em first. They were all loose. Did a few little jumps, so so. I have a steel spur gear ordered, and some other spare parts, and will put a Leopard motor in and go to 6S when my Max6 ESC arrives on the slow boat. Tires balloon badly, will have to replace when 6S comes. All in all, I wish I had just spent a few dollars more and got another Arrma.

I just received a RedCat Shredder today, and I'm a little disappointed. Guess I'm Arrma spoiled! I thought for the price $359, it might be fun to tinker with. But it just feels, uh, cheap. No other words to explain it. Nice BIG chassis. LOT'S of room. VERY light for it's size. First thing I broke was a stripped out steering servo arm, plastic. I thought it was the servo at first, but just the arm. I went ahead and put a better servo, and metal arm in it. Lost a wheel nut, my fault, as I didn't check em first. They were all loose. Did a few little jumps, so so. I have a steel spur gear ordered, and some other spare parts, and will put a Leopard motor in and go to 6S when my Max6 ESC arrives on the slow boat. Tires balloon badly, will have to replace when 6S comes. All in all, I wish I had just spent a few dollars more and got another Arrma.
I have heard the same about the Shredder, out of the box it is rather meh, needs some upgrades and a better power system.

Back