Looking for RC recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

Alan Pompey

RC Newbie
Hi
I'm another newbie looking for help lol. I've had a hellion conquest for a year after my two five year olds had rc cars for a present and I felt left out, I recently got them two wltoys 12428 buggies and they love them. The question is what do I get for myself ?
I want something easy to maintain and upgrading is fun, I want a car that does trail runs all year round in the woods so must be four wheel drive, a reasonable crawler and waterproof, I have 2s lopo's. YouTube is so contagious and I'm thinking of an axial yeti or losi rock rey, 1/10 is big enough and I have about £400 to treat myself. Any recomendations will be great please. Alan

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
RC Driving Style
Bashing
A suggestion on any of the Axial crawlers is to get the kit and building it yourself so you know how it goes together and be able to disassemble and repair it. I personally like the SCX-10 II with the Cherokee body.

Alan Pompey

RC Newbie
A suggestion on any of the Axial crawlers is to get the kit and building it yourself so you know how it goes together and be able to disassemble and repair it. I personally like the SCX-10 II with the Cherokee body.
Hi
I really want a good all rounder straight from the box to have fun with either in the woods or at the park its going to get wet muddy and do small jumps etc. the yeti has lots of upgrades for the future and looks easy to work on the losi looks like it has a million screws to get to anything but has reasonable reviews and the assisted steering
I'd like to know if I spend the cost difference on upgrades to the yeti would it be a better car than the losi is as standard

dbulles1126

RC Newbie
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Hi
I'm another newbie looking for help lol. I've had a hellion conquest for a year after my two five year olds had rc cars for a present and I felt left out, I recently got them two wltoys 12428 buggies and they love them. The question is what do I get for myself ?
I want something easy to maintain and upgrading is fun, I want a car that does trail runs all year round in the woods so must be four wheel drive, a reasonable crawler and waterproof, I have 2s lopo's. YouTube is so contagious and I'm thinking of an axial yeti or losi rock rey, 1/10 is big enough and I have about £400 to treat myself. Any recomendations will be great please. Alan

If you want an RC car with speed. Traxxas RC cars are the best hobbie grade RC cars

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Hi
I really want a good all rounder straight from the box to have fun with either in the woods or at the park its going to get wet muddy and do small jumps etc. the yeti has lots of upgrades for the future and looks easy to work on the losi looks like it has a million screws to get to anything but has reasonable reviews and the assisted steering
I'd like to know if I spend the cost difference on upgrades to the yeti would it be a better car than the losi is as standard
I have the Losi version of it and it is okay. It's pretty good out in the open, but has some problems in the rocks.
20140730_173717.jpg

D3MON

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing
i have been fighting the urge to get a rock rey or axial wraith, love the suspension setup on them, and hear good things about them both.
i have had both axial products and Losi, and so far neither have let me down.
i think the only real deciding factor for me is the Losi has a steel chassis plate. so i would go with that of the two.

Alan Pompey

RC Newbie
i have been fighting the urge to get a rock rey or axial wraith, love the suspension setup on them, and hear good things about them both.
i have had both axial products and Losi, and so far neither have let me down.
i think the only real deciding factor for me is the Losi has a steel chassis plate. so i would go with that of the two.
I've been offered a yeti rtr from a uk store for £299 that's a lot of money to spend on upgrades compared to the losi at over £400, do you think the losi needs many upgrades, I've only seen people mention the soft tyres and all the videos I've watched are a few years old

D3MON

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I've been offered a yeti rtr from a uk store for £299 that's a lot of money to spend on upgrades compared to the losi at over £400, do you think the losi needs many upgrades, I've only seen people mention the soft tyres and all the videos I've watched are a few years old
Weird, the rock Rey is 400$usd at horizon and the yeti is 400$usd on ebay. I dont own either so I really dont know personally. I do not think either do come with a battery though or charger so I'd factor that into your cost as well.