Looking for fuel percentage suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The spring should be strong enough to return the throttle to idle when the servo is not powered up. No more, no less, if possible. Just mentioning that because my traxxas TRS on my revo's were so stiff that the servo could barely overpower it, which then fries the servo, since it's working so hard all the time.

@olds97_lss. Burning out the servo or prematurely wearing it out is Def my main concern with the right tension (providing it still does it's job of course) Good point!!! :thumbs-up:

My reciever has a safety feature on it that when the transmitter signal is lost by default the car immediately deaccelerates and brakes to a dead stop, I figured that out once I read the manual lol

Yes, that works well if you loose signal and you should Def be using that system as well. The point of a throttle return spring is that if all power to the RX in the car is lost, the servo will not be told to do anything... The spring manually takes over and brings the throttle back to idle, preventing a runaway.

That's true, I just don't know what tension spring to use cause what if it's to tense then the servo might burn out or put under strain wouldn't they?

I'm sure you will have to do a lil experimenting. In sure the hardware store won't mind if you bring your rig in when you go to pick a few out. They are cheap so don't worry about picking up a couple.;)

Back