Looking for a ST, got suggestions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SILENTHUNTERLAO

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Sup all? I'm looking towards getting a ST. I don't want to race til'I get a lot better, or until I get a Truck for that matter. O ya ,getting back to my point I was looking for a Fast,Durable,Strong ST, with a price range of about $250-350.

Got any suggestions? If you do please tell me PEECE

I would recomend the xxxnt incase you haven't noticed every one around here seem to be big losi fans, but for good reason the xxxnt is the best handling truck on the market. you can get a xxxnt rtr for 339

hum its crazy maybe a xxx nt do a search and it will tell you the same thing man its crazy

hopefully I'm not being ignorant, but i thought that losi's arent really the strongest out there. so if you need to learn before you race, then maybe you should get an associated. from what i hear they'd be able to better stand up to the punishment of someone whos learning, and they too have there hand in the racing scene. albeit if the losi's can show everyone up race in race out, they should demand respect from the "bashers". its up to you...i guess.

Hello Friend, Eveyone-This is my friend Keoki. He lives by me. He likes to drive my rusty and in that case i would reccommend a rustler. He has a heavy finger. I know the beating he will give it. Dont get a losi, they are not that durable. Traxxas all the way.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

My first stadium truck was a adam drake. The losis trucks are just as tough as the ae. The only thing I have ever broke on mine was a shock tower. I hit a 8ft jump and when it landed it bottomed out and flipped over on its top. I have realy put this truck threw hell .in my opinion this truck is pretty darn tuough

Speed? NO....Rusty: Speed? YES!!!! But if he wants to get an adam drake...he gotta buy da engine. That'll cost him another 150-200 bucks on top of the 200+ dollars spent on the Kit itself. I dont believe he wants to assemble a kit either. Go with something RTR. Traxxas is your best bet. I'm not really brand-worshipper but I've had no problems with my rusty and I've might have done a lil stuff bad to it. I first rammed it into the curb 1/2 throttle.nothing broke. Second, launched a massive jump (aired about 4-5 feet) and nothing broke. Bottomed out tho...Finally, The engine puts out wicked power and the steering can be fixed. I figured out that the rear shocks dont give back enough after hitting a bump, so i put new oil...30WT and its fine now. Turns on a time. Thats a little diffrent when I'm going like 40mph and turns...way nother story!
[move]-Kellen[/move]

yea a friend of mine has the nitro rusty, those things are damn fast and a heck of alot of fun, the handling leaves alot to be desired but for out and out bashing speed a rusty is a good bet.

SHK, Stock WT is 30:trout: I havn't had any problems with my rustler.

I have had my RC10 for a while now. I've put a few bucks into it, such as A-Arms and bulkheads. After getting the RPM parts and just a couple other additions, My truck will take a beating unlike any other. I run with buggies, T-Maxx's, and others. They break, I keep going. :) I managed to break a Axle mount in the front, because of the mod's I've been doing, but you don't have to do that. I'd honestly say to get an RC10GT RTR Plus. Comes with everything you need but fuel and batteries.

I've wrecked, mangled, thrashed. 4-5 feet? HAH I've launched 12 and not broken anything :) As a matter of fact I did a number over a jump at the race track. It's about 200ft long, and I rolled end over end for a good 75% of it, it landed on it's wheels, and STILL beat that T-maxx out of the turn. :)

Theres always something that needs to be fixed with ANYTHING. It's just a matter of finding it. Replacing it, and making sure it won't break again. :)

Tell us your decision when you figure it out. If you go with an AE PM me and I'll give you a small list of things to get first off :)

And the RC10GT here is only 289.99 RTR

One thing.....our LHS doesn't carry parts for AE. Damn......
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Back