Lipo fires are not cool!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeabajuice

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My friend gave me an undercharged piece of garbage lipo battery to put on my rustler. Next thing you know, we got a campfire in the middle of a forest. I literally threw the destroyed rustler in his face, went to his house, picked up my old slash 4x4 which he never drove since the time I gave it to him, and went home without saying a word. I will never trust my friend with anything rc related ever again! Anyway, I have no idea why I gave him my Slash 4x4 in the first place. This thing is a blast to drive, and it's also mad bulletproof. It just does not want to break! So, we just got snow here and New York(not only here) and I know there is going to be more. How can I set up my Slash for snow play. I know that there are steel screws and stuff that rusts. Should I replace anything? Sorry for big post!

Well lipo's are like most electronics, you never know when they are gonna mess up. Dont disown lipo's though, they are like a gun, they are awesome when used properly.

Just run it. I ran mine in the snow, just would blow it off with a air compressor when I was done or I would take the lid off and sit it upside down and everything would just drip off of it. No problems.

WOW, Lipos really are the most Dangerous Battery Technology ever made! Dang, you could have started a Forest Fire if their wasn't so much Snow and Moisture in NY:hehe:

I know your Upset but don't throw your Friend under the Bus just because he gave you a bad battery. It could have been a Perfectly Random Mistake and/or the Battery was a messed up piece of junk.

I dunno bout the Gun Analogie(My guns and Ammo are allot safer then Lipos apparently:hehe:) but slowngreen is right on.

I wish I knew exactly what caused your Battery to burn up...do you know? Just overdischarging?

This Reminds me to start Carrying a Small Fire Extinguisher in my 4x4 Suv again.:D

Last edited:
^^Agreed, he probably didnt know how to properly use/charge lipos, and gave it not knowing. Even yourself could have made the pack fail due to wrong settings through your rig.

see thats one reason i don't do electric (I don't understand it )had no idea you could over discharge something.I always thought when a battrey dies it is discharged.
is there guidelines for the otheer type of batts also

That sucks, but glad it wasn't worse. I stuff my lipos (plug included) inside a gallon freezer bag for snow play. The excess of the bag helps shield my ESC from direct snow spray, and it's not like it's starving for cool air when it's below 32* out.

Yeah! I felt kind of bad and gave my friend the slash back. I getting into buying a t4 or t4.1. My hobby shop sells a t4 rs for 210 and a t4.1 brushless for 250.

Back