Lipo cutoff

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Alright......another noob question for you electric gurus. I am using novak gtb speedos and thinking about running lipos. What is lipo cutoff and how do I set it on the gtb? I think it has built in lipo cutoff? Man I feel like I am learning to walk all over again! It is very confusing.

I dont think the gtb has a lipo cutoff...I may be wrong though

Some do and some don't depending on how old it is. Do you have the instructions or the box? Is it the spread spectrum version? If you are sure yours does, then the instructions should show you how to set it. If no, then you can find the instructions on the Novak site.

You never want to drop the voltage of a LiPo cell below 3.0V. For this reason you need a LiPo cutoff which will shut down the ESC when the voltage drops to the cutoff voltage. If the LiPo cutoff is adjustable, it is best to program it to cutoff at 3.2V per cell.

Some do and some don't depending on how old it is. Do you have the instructions or the box? Is it the spread spectrum version? If you are sure yours does, then the instructions should show you how to set it. If no, then you can find the instructions on the Novak site.

You never want to drop the voltage of a LiPo cell below 3.0V. For this reason you need a LiPo cutoff which will shut down the ESC when the voltage drops to the cutoff voltage. If the LiPo cutoff is adjustable, it is best to program it to cutoff at 3.2V per cell.

I still have the boxes. I will check and let you know. I have to dig them out. Sorry to ask such elementary questions.....but before I dump a bunch of money into this I want to make sure I understand what I am getting into.