Lipo Chargers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duramax47

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I need help finding a good lipo charger. but i dont have alot of money so what do you guys sujest for good quality and relitivly inexpensive! Thanks for your suport

Turnigy Accucell-6
i wouldnt buy anything else!

Features;
Microprocessor controlled
Delta-peak sensitivity (NiMH/NiCd)
Individual cell balancing
Li-ion, LiPo and LiFe capable
Ni-Cd and NiMH capable
Large range of charge currents
Store function, allows safe storage current
Time limit function
Input voltage monitoring. (Protects car batteries at the field)
Data storage (Store up to 5 packs in memory)
Battery break in and cycling.
Spec.
Input Voltage: 11~17v
Circuit power: Max Charge: 50W / Max Discharge: 5W
Charge Current Range: .1~6.0A
Ni-MH/NiCd cells: 1~15
Li-ion/Poly cells: 1~6
Pb battery voltage: 2~20v
Weight: 355g

I've had mine for almost a year and LOVE IT!

Last edited:
I just posted a review of my battery charger HERE. It is still new to me so how long it will last is still a question,but it's CHEAP and works exactly like the Accucell-6 mentioned above and the Venom Pro. The only real dislike so far is the lack of a cooling fan for the circuitry,but I rarely charge more than 1 battery consecutively and it does not get hot doing just the 1 battery.

BTW, I had an Accucell-6 that I bought used from a person that only did LiPos,it failed to charge NiMh and NiCd batteries. It would still charge a LiPo,but I was able to return it for my money back so I did.

Last edited:
I just posted a review of my battery charger HERE.

BTW, I had an Accucell-6 that I bought used from a person that only did LiPos,it failed to charge NiMh and NiCd batteries. It would still charge a LiPo,but I was able to return it for my money back so I did.

using the accucell i charge all my batteries at 5 amps and i normally run it constantly for hours. never had a heat problem. the cooling fan is HUGE! although it is loud it does the job.

and as far as the charger not working right was it used? probably was droped or had a fault in the system they only cost $25 for a new one and besides I'm sure if you got a faulty one you could easily get it replaced

So as far as price goes what are theise chagers running. i dont have much money but i am ganna go to lipo batts and a lipo charger i dont need anthing fancy so to say but i need some what quality and a good price.

So as far as price goes what are theise chagers running. i dont have much money but i am ganna go to lipo batts and a lipo charger i dont need anthing fancy so to say but i need some what quality and a good price.

the turnigy costs $25 but must be shipped from china so its about a $35 total...still much cheaper than any other of its quality

I've been using the Hyperion EOS 0606i and can't recommend it highly enough. Super charger at a very nice price.

Features
  • 2-Line, 16-Character Blue Backlit LCD Data Display
  • No Memory
  • 0.1A - 6.0A Selectable Charge Current (50W max)
  • 0.1A - 1.0A Selectable Discharge Current (5W max)
  • Up to 2.25A @ 6S (50W max)
  • Lipo 1S-6S, A123 1S-6S
  • NiCd/NiMH 1-14cell, Lead-Acid 2-12V
  • Built-in Hyperion LBA10/300 Balancers with 6A max rating
  • 300mA max balance rate per cell
  • PC Port for firmware updates
  • AC 100V ~ 240V Input OR 11V-15V DC Input
  • Integral, Thermostat-Controlled Cooling Fan
  • Rugged Aluminum Case with Insulating End Caps
  • Firmware Upgradable!
  • Computer style A/C input cord

The Hyperion would have been my choice if I had the coin,but I'm a poor boy.

Remember though,the Accucell-6,the Supermate DC-6 and a lot of other chargers require a power supply adapter if you like to use it at home and plug into your wall outlet. They work fine using a car battery for power too,just make sure the engine is NOT running while using a charger. That Hyperion is home AC ready with a cord included.

The Hyperion would have been my choice if I had the coin,but I'm a poor boy.

Remember though,the Accucell-6,the Supermate DC-6 and a lot of other chargers require a power supply adapter if you like to use it at home and plug into your wall outlet. They work fine using a car battery for power too,just make sure the engine is NOT running while using a charger. That Hyperion is home AC ready with a cord included.

for my accucell-6 i am using a normal 12v AC Adapter

I'm limping along with a Duratrax ICE but I like it because I still have plenty of NiMH batteries that I use for other things. The LiPo function is easy to use. But there's no balancer. Not a biggie for me as I typically use 2s and sometimes 3s (mostly for my plane and heli). If you're going to be doing exclusively LiPo, I think the ones above would be perfect.