Lipo Chargers?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Is there one Charger that sets itself above the rest?

With standard batteries the Turbo 35 is considered the absolute best on the market. Whats its equivalent for Lipos?

Are you looking for a lipo only charger or a multicharger? How many cells so you plan on using? Which brand of cell do you plan on using...this will make a difference in which charger/balancer to use since they use different taps. They do have some tap adapters to go from one brand to another but not for all brands.

A few really good multichargers/balancers are:

Thunder Power 1010C with the TP210 balancer-This one can do 10 cells and up to 10 amps. With the data link cable, the charger will tell you the individual volts of each cell when used with the TP210 balancer. ~$300 for both. Note uses Thunder Power taps.

Hyperion EOS7I with LBA10 balancer-This is the one I use, it can do up to 5 cells and 7amps. ~$200 for both. Uses hyperion/apache taps.

E-station 902-up to 12 cells and 10 amps. Dual ports-second port can charge a nimh/nicad etc but not a second lipo...works with any balancer ~$300 for the charger only.

Last edited:
I see a lot of praise for the Thunder Power chargers. But there are a lot of good, flexible systems coming out now. I use an ICE and am going to be adding a balancer on soon. The Hyperion balancer seems to be the one most go with, but the ElectriFly balancer is basically the same thing and easier to find. Both can run in-line with your charger to balance during the charge cycle. Some use the Blinky balancer with good results. It seems that the prevailing wisdom is that battery balance is making LiPo use much safer, and balancers are so cheap that it just makes sense to have one.

Back