Lipo and charger questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I’ve been using traxxas lipos and chargers and I’m ready to upgrade to normal lipos is this charger any good? And a Zeee lipo bag also I’m getting these lipos from a company I’ve partnered with to giveaway 2 6s lipos if your interested the giveaway is still running intill December 31st Instagram.com/AddictRc
Charger: https://www.amazon.com/ISDT-Q6-Lite...dt&qid=1671651889&sprefix=isdt,aps,194&sr=8-7
Battery’s: https://www.amazon.com/2S-80C-5200m...KX0DER&qid=1671156817&s=merchant-items&sr=1-6

I’ve been using traxxas lipos and chargers and I’m ready to upgrade to normal lipos is this charger any good? And a Zeee lipo bag also I’m getting these lipos from a company I’ve partnered with to giveaway 2 6s lipos if your interested the giveaway is still running intill December 31st Instagram.com/AddictRc
Charger: https://www.amazon.com/ISDT-Q6-Lite-200W-Charger/dp/B07D5N27Z2/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?crid=25QV8RCMZ5Q68&keywords=isdt&qid=1671651889&sprefix=isdt,aps,194&sr=8-7
Battery’s: https://www.amazon.com/2S-80C-5200m...KX0DER&qid=1671156817&s=merchant-items&sr=1-6
That is a DC only charger, so you would need a DC power supply to run it.

This charger could work. Yes like @WickedFog said you need a power supply to run it since it is only a DC charger. I would save up and get a better charger that can do 6 to 8s, 10 to 12 amps and do AC/DC. Some chargers are

Hitec X2
Hota D6 Pro
Sky rc T200 (my personal charger)

Some more better chargers that can do DC
Junsi I charger 308 and 406 duo

Oh ok is there any chargers in that price range that can charge 2s and 3s?
In the price range in the Amazon charger you linked? If so pretty much not. The good chargers are usually around 100 to 150 dollars. (Besides the Traxxas chargers, I really don't like them)

I have a Traxxas ez peak single, only does up to 3s which is ok but can only charge up to 4 amps. With the batteries I have, that won't work. Charging up a 7200 mah battery at 4 amps. Will probably take at least 45 mins to a hour or more to get fully charged. Another dislike about the Traxxas chargers is that the only input is a TRX connector. I wish it was either xt60s or 4mm bullet as inputs. The fan isn't that good. Doesn't show all of the settings like it only has a light strip thing. I would like to see what the voltage is and how many mah has it charged. Also to use the ID thing you need to use Traxxas batteries. Traxxas batteries are way too over priced. Even for the quality. I heard Traxxas lipos swell and puff and all.

PXL_20221222_044545360.jpg

I would not buy that charger or those packs. Id save up my money until I could buy known good items.

None worth buying.
Should I just use the traxxas charger I have a connector traxxas to t plug that will work for the lipo
Also there’s a chance I might try to partner with a few lipo brands and make my own lipo company like this not official yet

Attachments

• DF5BAFF7-3A73-43DC-8709-20CDC6A2A5C1.png
    DF5BAFF7-3A73-43DC-8709-20CDC6A2A5C1.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 38
This charger could work. Yes like @WickedFog said you need a power supply to run it since it is only a DC charger. I would save up and get a better charger that can do 6 to 8s, 10 to 12 amps and do AC/DC. Some chargers are

Hitec X2
Hota D6 Pro
Sky rc T200 (my personal charger)

Some more better chargers that can do DC
Junsi I charger 308 and 406 duo
DavidB1126, on your SkyRC charger, does the front panel have inputs for banana connectors/clips? I can't tell for sure from the pictures I see, but since it does not come with any cables (per A-Main Hobbies site) I'd like to be able to use the cables I have for my Hobbico Accu-Cycle Elite if I can. Also, do you think this is a good track charger in so much as does it charge batteries fairly quickly? Appreciate any insights!

DavidB1126, on your SkyRC charger, does the front panel have inputs for banana connectors/clips? I can't tell for sure from the pictures I see, but since it does not come with any cables (per A-Main Hobbies site) I'd like to be able to use the cables I have for my Hobbico Accu-Cycle Elite if I can. Also, do you think this is a good track charger in so much as does it charge batteries fairly quickly? Appreciate any insights!
My charger has xt60s as a input so I am using xt60s to 4mm bullet adapters. Then 4mm bullet to what ever I need. the charger didn't come with any cables besides the power cable. I use my skyrc on regular wall outlets. You can use it on wall outlets and power supply's Its a good charger. It can do up to 6s lipos and all different kinds of batteries. You can charge up to 12A (not sure on both sides at the same time) Some other chargers are the HiTec X2, Hota D6 Pro. Also when you mean track charger, do you mean like for racing? If so my uncle uses the iCharger 308duo. Good high end charger. Along with the iCharger 406.
20220811_145146.jpg
IMG_20221118_161441_080.jpg

I had this charger since May. its a good charger for bashing and club racing occasionally. The fan is starting to slowly going out but I guess that is to be expected.

Last edited:
Back