Lipo 2s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big O Skull

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Can I use a lipo 2s on my stock Redcat Volcano, or will it burn up my motor?

It can if you run it for to long of a time b4 letting it cool down..you will need a lip battery charger and a lipo bag to charge in to be safe...just try not to run it for to long of a time b4 letting the motor and esc cool down...you will have more power thru a longer time while running ..not sure if your volcano has a lvc on the esc..so a lipo buzzer might also be helpful..maybe do some reading up on safe handling of a lipo..

It can if you run it for to long of a time b4 letting it cool down..you will need a lip battery charger and a lipo bag to charge in to be safe...just try not to run it for to long of a time b4 letting the motor and esc cool down...you will have more power thru a longer time while running ..not sure if your volcano has a lvc on the esc..so a lipo buzzer might also be helpful..maybe do some reading up on safe handling of a lipo..
Thanks a bunch

If you switch to lipo you may need to change some setting on your esc. Did your car come with a manual? Looks like it should have some kind of jumper caps to use on esc to switch between nimh and lipo. There are 6 pins on esc..3 up top for forward reverse settings and 3 on bottom for battery..the two pins on left of bottom three need to be hooked to the jumper caps for lipo..the two on right for nimh.

Back