lifepo packs?

• Thread starter alpinehyperlite
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched video of Jason running them.

Last edited by a moderator:
These things are EXPENSIVE. even compared to lipo.

It looks to be that way......

I guess they're the "Pre-LiPo" stage for people maybe...they claim to not catch fire etc. but if you just follow directions when charging a LiPo, you'll be fine.

Yea..... they say nimh and nicd wont either, but look at CTM from rcnt and his post about his blowing up and burning his carpet all to hell.

my first nimh saddle packs caught fire and melted a bunch of stuff on my counter including a servo and axle housing, never had a lipo catch fire and I've been extremely hard on them.

These lifepo's aint for me.

I'm thinking the same thing. Says longer battery life.... but an extra 5 min wouldnt justify an extra $150.

no ones tryed them because the price tag lmao. you could buy 2 lipos for that 1 lipo

Too rich for my blood. Think I'll stick to charging and storing my lipos in a lipo sack, no worries for me.

They call them "Green" for a reason.

It takes a lot of it to pay for them.

No thanks.

I had a set of saddle packs that caught fire also. I will stick to the lipo's.

The one thing that does sort of catch my eye is the increased cycle count, which is nice and might make it worth it even with the higher price tag. Although, with all things, the price will go down a bit after the new wears off. We'll see what happens in the next bit.